• 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:13 AM

My installation of BGT:
BGT updated Zeta099
BP-BGT Worldmap v5
IndiraNPC_v7_BGT
DEFJAM_v3
TutuGUI_v15

I traveled to Wenric's farm north of Wyrm's Crossing but I can't go further to Ulgoth - north side of Wenric's farm map don't allow to proceed... The same problem have my kamrad.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

My installation of BGT:
BGT updated Zeta099
BP-BGT Worldmap v5
IndiraNPC_v7_BGT
DEFJAM_v3
TutuGUI_v15

I traveled to Wenric's farm north of Wyrm's Crossing but I can't go further to Ulgoth - north side of Wenric's farm map don't allow to proceed... The same problem have my kamrad.

With the BGT-WeiDU-resident worldmap, you should be able to access Ulgoth's Beard from Wyrm's Crossing.

With Yacomo's Revised Worldmap, however, check the island to the left of Baldur's Gate...the icon should appear there. If it isn't then there might be a bug. Can someone (seanas?) cross-check this?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:18 AM

Yep, its there. Thanks.

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:53 AM

With Yacomo's Revised Worldmap, however, check the island to the left of Baldur's Gate...the icon should appear there. If it isn't then there might be a bug. Can someone (seanas?) cross-check this?

during my recent BGT runthru (with Yacomo's map), i was going to post this as a bug too - i CLUA'd myself to Ulgoth's Beard. it was only when i went to *leave* Ulgoth's Beard that i realised it wasn't anywhere near where i was expecting it to be, which was why i couldn't find it on my worldmap. so yes, it works fine, but we might need to manage user expectations better, with a note or two in the readme about Ulgoth's Beard's new location.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:16 AM

during my recent BGT runthru (with Yacomo's map), i was going to post this as a bug too - i CLUA'd myself to Ulgoth's Beard. it was only when i went to *leave* Ulgoth's Beard that i realised it wasn't anywhere near where i was expecting it to be, which was why i couldn't find it on my worldmap. so yes, it works fine, but we might need to manage user expectations better, with a note or two in the readme about Ulgoth's Beard's new location.

Well it certainly doesn't seem right that the player needs to 'walk on water' to get to Ulgoth's Beard, and it should be east of River Chionthar anyway. It might need moving and the area links altered.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:37 AM

Well it certainly doesn't seem right that the player needs to 'walk on water' to get to Ulgoth's Beard, and it should be east of River Chionthar anyway. It might need moving and the area links altered.

very true, especially given that the explanation you get when you first enter Ulgoth's Beard is that it's on the Rivr Chionthar, not out at sea somewhere.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 Eon Blue Apocalypse

Eon Blue Apocalypse
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:38 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe its location on Yacomo's map is where it's according to Realms lore. It didn't fit there on the original map, which was symbolised by an arrow.