Can't enter house

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

In area BH0100 there is a house at x2633 y1025 that I can open the door to but not enter. I am assuming that there is something wrong here and that is not planned.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#2 --Sir BillyBob--

--Sir BillyBob--

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

You are talking about the lighthouse? Yes, that is planned. You can't enter, yet.

#3 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

Actually Sir BillyBob. You can enter it because you can enter all or nearly all places in areas without opening the doors. So I went in there, took some treasure and left with no one there.

#4 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

You are talking about the lighthouse? Yes, that is planned. You can't enter, yet.

Actually, the house I am talking about is not the light house just a normal house

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

Actually Sir BillyBob. You can enter it because you can enter all or nearly all places in areas without opening the doors.

Yes and no, you can now, but not in the next release. I have already gone through most of the areas and fixed this based on Vlad's run through.

Actually, the house I am talking about is not the light house just a normal house.

I don't have a BGT game running on my laptop so I will have to check this sometime this weekend. I can't think of a house you wouldn't able to go into. All are available except the lighthouse.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 trainmank

trainmank
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

you can enter the house, it took me awhile, keep moving the cursor over the door mm by mm until the enter cursor appears and quickly click on it. In fact you cannot finish the first part of bonehill without going into the lighthouse.

#7 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

you can enter the house, it took me awhile, keep moving the cursor over the door mm by mm until the enter cursor appears and quickly click on it. In fact you cannot finish the first part of bonehill without going into the lighthouse.

Yeah, I got in the lighthouse fine... it was just the other house (see above for location) that I couldn't get into.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

Place this version in your override folder and see if you can now get into the house.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

Place this version in your override folder and see if you can now get into the house.

I had the same problem entering the Lighthouse. I put the BH0100.bmp file in my override directory and was able to enter the lighthouse, however, upon trying to exit, it caused a CTD 2 times consecutively. I deleted the revised BH0100.bmp from my override directory and I was able to exit the Lighthouse with no more problems. Subsequent searching found the original file would allow you to enter the Lighthouse by searching on the upper left side of the lighthouse door, just where the curve to the right begins. It's a very, very, very small target to find.

It takes a village...