Can't Finish Part 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 --Ace--

--Ace--

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

Hi All,

I am unable to finish the 2nd part of SoBH. I have completed all the quests (lizardmen, assassins, etc..) I have both of the documents I think I need, the scroll implicating Qualton and the Mayor's stack of papers. When I speak to Peltar I just get the same broken string of him telling me about the button, ruby, and lute string, then the conversation breaks when he waits for Fabio's interjection like he did when I first arrived from Candlekeep. I can't get any new dialog from him (Peltar). Also, Fabio never followed me here from Candlekeep. I had to CLUA to get Garroten on my map and then I was able to pretty much play as normal, until now. I finally found Qualton with some help from these boards, but I can't get him to not attack by using the restoration spell as it also says to on these boards. I have to kill him every time. Am I missing something? I have BP-BGT-NEJ-DSotSC-NTotSC-etc-etc, but not CTB. I hav version 1.8 patched with version 1.92. :wacko:

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

Fabio's dialog with Pelltar didn't get fixed until version 2.01.

Qualton should have recovered if you cast a Restoration Scroll on him. I am not sure why that isn't working for you. The mod will not finish unless Qualton is either dead or admit's his guilt. Pelltar should be able to talk to you after you kill Qualton. I assume you have the document/scroll from Tellish that says Qualton ordered the assassination? That and the Mayor's documents are what he needs to see to prove Qualton's quilt.

I may have fixed something in this path during version 2.00 but I don't think so. I think you should have a version of the mod that should finish correctly if you have the right documents.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 --Ace--

--Ace--

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

I just confronted Qualton with the letter, he goes nuts and attacks. After I kill him and take all of his stuff, I go see Peltar and I still get the dialog starting with "Ah Good, Fabio did found you" and ending with "the lute had gold strings".

Is there some way to CLUA in the proper ending dialog? If there is, you can e-mail it to me at Casey.Smith@nike.com if you don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

#4 --Ace--

--Ace--

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

I ended up trying to CLUA some of the dialogs from your BHPELL file, and I ended up with one that brought up the correct dialog. So I guess I solved it myself.

BTW. GREAT MOD! I enjoyed it very much.

Cheers!

Ace

#5 Maimonides

Maimonides
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:51 AM

I ended up trying to CLUA some of the dialogs from your BHPELL file, and I ended up with one that brought up the correct dialog. So I guess I solved it myself.

BTW. GREAT MOD! I enjoyed it very much.

Cheers!

Ace

Could anybody please post the correct dialog clua here?

#6 --Ace--

--Ace--

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

********************************************************************************

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE, OR YOU WILL CHEAT YOURSELF OF THE FUN PART OF THIS MOD.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHToldOfDeath","GLOBAL",6)

Then talk to Peltar