Photo

DSotSC4BGT-BPv160 install question/problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Maimonides

Maimonides
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

Hi i used INSTALLATION GUIDE for BP-BGT-NEJ by mm75 to install the whole lot and figured, i could also install Dsotc. However, this error message showed up during the installation:

DSotSC\D/DS#LASKAL.D] parsed
ERROR: No translation provided for @1

[DSotSC\D/DS#LAUREL.D]  ERROR at line 6 column 7-8
Near Text: @1
Not_found
ERROR: parsing [DSotSC\D/DS#LAUREL.D]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [DSotSC\D/DS#LAUREL.D]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [DSotSC for BGT-BP v1.6 Mod], rolling back to previous state
[DSotSC/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
[DSotSC/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0] loaded, 11858 bytes
Will uninstall 553 files for [SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2] component 0.

and install reverted all the changes. Please, tell me what batch file did i neglected, what did i do wrong?

(i followed the install correctly and the game works, also i ran the install prior installing world map)

Thanks

#2 Maimonides

Maimonides
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:04 AM

also, trying to install v 180 yields this error message:
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [AR3499.are] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.80 Mod], rolling back to previous state
[DSotSC/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
[DSotSC/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0] loaded, 19475 bytes
Will uninstall 916 files for [SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2] component 0.
Deleting [override/AR3400.BCS] (to restore original game condition)

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

I would have to say that you have F***ed up completly.

The 1.60 package is the last one for BGT-BP and it doesn't have languages other than English. There was a translation addition for it but it looks like you didn't install it correctly. Go look into the DSotSC/D directory and open one of the "D" files with Notepad or Word. If you see English text in this, there is no translations installed. The error message looks like you are trying to install one.

Version 1.80 will not work with BGT-BP at all. There are several areas in BGT-BP that have had their names changed in BGT-Weidu, therefore, this mod will try to update areas that didn't exist in BGT-BP.

Could you please post a description of what exactly you downloaded and are attempting to do?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 Maimonides

Maimonides
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:06 AM

I would have to say that you have F***ed up completly.

The 1.60 package is the last one for BGT-BP and it doesn't have languages other than English. There was a translation addition for it but it looks like you didn't install it correctly. Go look into the DSotSC/D directory and open one of the "D" files with Notepad or Word. If you see English text in this, there is no translations installed. The error message looks like you are trying to install one.

Version 1.80 will not work with BGT-BP at all. There are several areas in BGT-BP that have had their names changed in BGT-Weidu, therefore, this mod will try to update areas that didn't exist in BGT-BP.

Could you please post a description of what exactly you downloaded and are attempting to do?

Well, i installed all the bgt bp(bp161g, bp bgt nej, soubar, tdd, ts.. all the installation stared with Fixed-BP-BGT-NEJ-310-COMPLETE.exe.
Then i downloaded dsotc 180 and ran setup.. i crashed on the prev message with that area, 160 crashed on laurel. Well, i "solved" it later, by commenting out line with laurel. Nsotsc installed on it ok(ver 120). If you would tell me the correct order and name of files(packages) to be installed, that would be most helpful...

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

Version 1.20 of NTotSC is correct for BGT-BP. Version 1.60 is correct for DSotSC. The files say right in their names "4BGT-BP" and "4BGT-Weidu". I am still confused about the issue with Laurel but it sounds like you got it working now.

Classic Adventures

#6 Badgert

Badgert
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

Here is russian translation for DSotSC-180.

Attached Files

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

Good, I needed to make a comment for the other translators. The Russian translation inlcudes TRA translations for 3 BAF files. I do not have a German or Polish translation for these three. Here are the lines of text for them:

//DSCOFF1.baf; DSCOFF2.baf
@0	= ~The vampire retreated to this coffin once you defeated it. If you have a wooden stake, you can try to kill it.~
@1	= ~You pound the stake through the vampire's foul heart. The creature shall prey no more on the blood of others.~
@2	= ~The vampire is truly dead and the coffin reeks of carrion. There is nothing else you can do with it.~
@3	= ~You are too far away to use that.~

//DSDUEGWA.BAF
@10	= ~Alert!  Intruders!~

Can someone work up the translations please? I will then see about uploading a refreshed 1.80 mod with all the translations included. Thanks.

Classic Adventures

#8 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

A Polish translation

//DSCOFF1.baf; DSCOFF2.baf
@0 = ~Wampir uciekł do swojej trumny po tym jak go pokonałeś. Jeśli posiadasz drewniany kołek możesz spróbować go zabić.~
@1 = ~Wbijasz kołek w plugawe serce wampira. Ten potwór nie będzie więcej żerować na krwi innych.~
@2 = ~Wampir jest naprawdę martwy a z trumny śmierdzi padliną. Nie możesz tu nic więcej zrobić.~
@3 = ~Jesteś zbyt daleko aby tego użyć.~

//DSDUEGWA.BAF
@10 = ~Alarm! Intruzi!~

Edited by dragonian, 05 February 2006 - 12:40 AM.