Couple Of Bugs To Report (Spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -A Fan-

-A Fan-

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

I'm really emjoying this mod, but have encountered a few problems.

I'm running the TUTU version 201 and playing Part 1 of the mod.

1. You probably know about the sounds (mentioned it in the pinned topic) but I've only got ambient and music in the area east of Reddy Forest.

2. I can't get to Garotten (I'm just assuming I can get there in part 1). I've tried every area and every exit from it.

3. I can't cure the skeleton in the cave area under the Bonehill Castle. I've tried casting multiple lesser restoration scrolls on him and nothing happens.

I've got all of the mods from the Pocket Plane Groups Enhancements page and installed TSOB over all of the others - except for 'G3 Tutu_Tweaks-v16' and obviously Yocomo's world map last.

Thanks for making this mod, It would be nice to know if I'm missing out on anything by not healing the skeleton and perhaps I could just CLUA my party to Garotten if you'd be king enough to supply the area code. I'm sure you modders dread hearing this but I'll be sure to report any other bugs I might find. :whistling:

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'm really emjoying this mod, but have encountered a few problems.

I'm running the TUTU version 201 and playing Part 1 of the mod.

1. You probably know about the sounds (mentioned it in the pinned topic) but I've only got ambient and music in the area east of Reddy Forest.

2. I can't cure the skeleton in the cave area under the Bonehill Castle. I've tried casting multiple lesser restoration scrolls on him and nothing happens.

I've got all of the mods from the Pocket Plane Groups Enhancements page and installed TSOB over all of the others - except for 'G3 Tutu_Tweaks-v16' and obviously Yocomo's world map last.

Thanks for making this mod, It would be nice to know if I'm missing out on anything by not healing the skeleton. I'm sure you modders dread hearing this but I'll be sure to report any other bugs I might find. :whistling:

I just read the readme again and it sunk in this time that Garotten is in part 2. :doh:

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

I wasn't going to tell you the area code anyway. :lol:

I am not sure what you mean about Reddy Forest. Areas have ambient sounds (birds, water, etc) and usually music plays in each area. There are no other sounds other than people talking. What sounds do you think you are missing from here?

The skeleton can be restored by the Restoration scroll sitting on the shelf next to him (real easy quest). Did you try that scroll or did you use the ones upstairs in the basement? The basement ones are there in case you got level drained by the wraith. They should be the same scroll but may not be. Tutu sometimes uses some weird file names. I will have to got check a Tutu game to see if the scroll near the skeleton works in my game or not. Thanks for pointing this out.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:34 AM

I wasn't going to tell you the area code anyway. :lol:

I am not sure what you mean about Reddy Forest. Areas have ambient sounds (birds, water, etc) and usually music plays in each area. There are no other sounds other than people talking. What sounds do you think you are missing from here?

Well I've just finished part one - thorourly enjoyed it, it really adds to the game - and did'nt find any other bugs.
I should have added a bit more detail about the music problem. It seems that the only area that plays both ambient sounds and music is the forest area east of Reddy forest.

West of Restenford (temple area) does'nt play ambient sounds but does play battle music as background music.

The outside area of Bonehill plays ambient sounds but not background music.

All other areas are silent.

None of the areas play battle music when you get into a battle. I did install BG1's music folder into the BG2 one (as advised by TUTU readme) but I have also loaded these areas with BG2's original music folder and the results are the same.

I've just entered Baldurs Gate (Area: FW0800) and have encountered a crash to desktop bug. Its to do with Shargrailar trying to get the Staff Of The Blue Dragon back. I'm 90% sure its do do with the Cleric he brought with him (Location X-895 Y-3050) as the game only crashes when he enters the battle as I can CTRL-Y him and get through the battle without any problems

This bug is (as far as I know) identical to another one I reported with the Jaheira NPC quest that you get in the Cloakwood from Seniyad - it crashed when the shadowdruids surrounding this Baedor character began casting a spell: Area: FW1700, Location X603, Y3598.

Right, I'm off to see what this bugger Shargrailer has to say on his third visit... :)

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:45 PM

Third time is the charm with him.

Areas for the Tutu version haven't really changed since the first edition of this game. I am not sure why the music isn't playing now. I don't remember having this issue on the last build but I don't always have my speakers on, so I may have missed something new in Tutu 6 or maybe it has been like this and no one ever mentioned it for the Tutu version.

I will have to check that cleric and see what is going on. Thanks.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website