Ar9302

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:41 AM

Hi again, Sir BillyBob, hope you don't mind me :Poke: you - it's my first game with SoBH installed after all :)
Next problem I encountered was CTD when Pelltar sending me back to mainland. Dialog itself goes well, Pelltar relieving me from Glory Hand (arr!!), game saves and... CTD'ed at the moment it tries to load new location :( So I make a dig with NearInfinity and find out that my party should be moved to ar9302 at the moment I get crash. I tried to go there via console and get message "theres' no such area". The same was for "_ar9302" and "fw9302". Further, theres'no such area in vanilla BG1 nor BG2. Neither did it come with your mod :huh:

Half an hour later:
Ahha, it looks like I'm beginning to understand the situation. Pelltar's override script BHPell.bcs is trying to send me to an area from BGT setup. In TuTu case it should be not Ar9302 but FW3402. Sorry if I'm wrong (I'm having only a basic expirience of reading .tp2 files), but it seems to me that SoBH installation didn't check for BGT or TuTu version while handling Pelltar.baf, thus installing his BGT-optimized script without regard for game version. :(

P.S. I've changed area references in BHPell.bcs accordingly with TuTu naming, compile it back, reload, speak with Pelltar and - lo and behold! I'm in Temple of Lathander, with no Pelltar lounging about and my honestly earned 12000exp. :)

BTW - I really liked first chapter of your mod, I might even call it "perfect" if there was not such a flood of terribly overpowered items (+4 crossbow & level 9 mage spells for my group of average 6th level) :) Anyway, I'm looking forward to exiting Candlekeep :)

Edited by Creepin, 13 November 2005 - 02:56 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:20 AM

Pelltar's override script BHPell.bcs is trying to send me to an area from BGT setup. In TuTu case it should be not Ar9302 but FW3402. Sorry if I'm wrong (I'm having only a basic expirience of reading .tp2 files), but it seems to me that SoBH installation didn't check for BGT or TuTu version while handling Pelltar.baf, thus installing his BGT-optimized script without regard for game version. :(

Hi, I'm having exact CTD as you are, Creepin, and was wondering if you could post the files you edited? Or I can give you my e-mail if it's easier that way. Thanks!

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:37 AM

Hi Mettermrck. I've sent an e-mail to you, hope it will help :)

Edited:
Grrr! I've just noticed that there's one more similar spot in Pelltar's script. After finishing second part of mod, he's going to send me to AR7900. Problem is that this area didn't mentioned in SoBH .tp2 at all so I cann't guess what name it should be in vanilla BG1 or TuTu. :huh:
Did someone here knows which exactly area is labeled as AR7900 in BGT or, even better, where exactly should Pelltar send me to at the end of the mod? :rolleyes:

Edited again:
Mettermrck, it seems your mail server blocks IP pool of mine one as a source of spam :devil:
So I'm adding this file here. Here's instruction from the mail:

Put it in your Override folder ("yes" to overwrite) and load save before talking to Pelltar. That should do the trick - at least it does for me :)

Attached Files

Edited by Creepin, 12 November 2005 - 11:53 AM.

#4 Mettermrck

Mettermrck
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:11 PM

You're a game-saver, Creepin! :Bow:

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:44 AM

Pelltar will send you to the bridge of Baldur's Gate. Not sure what that area is in Tutu.

Okay, so my Tutu part of the TP2 file isn't installing Pelltar's script and therefore, you are getting the default BGT one? Noted. Thanks.

As for the overpowered items, yes they are. As long as you have the money for them, go for it. I took away the ability to steal from these stores (at least with Lazarus). So what else are you supposed to use your gold on?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:08 AM

Pelltar will send you to the bridge of Baldur's Gate. Not sure what that area is in Tutu.

OK, thanks :) It's FW0900, I think, but it'll be easy to check :)

As for the overpowered items, yes they are. As long as you have the money for them, go for it.

I'm hoarding gold like some crazy dragon, preparing myself to big shopping upon return to Restenford. Almost 80K already :devil:

I took away the ability to steal from these stores (at least with Lazarus). So what else are you supposed to use your gold on?

I've noticed that it's impossible to steal when I failed miserably even after pumping pickpocket of my thief up to 270 :lol: Getting too used to standard BG layout where "unpickpocketable" traders were simply stripped of "steal" button :P

Edited by Creepin, 13 November 2005 - 07:11 AM.