Stuck in keep - SPOILERS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

Hi, i'm in the first part of Bonehill.

I killed everything inside the keep, including the wraith and the beholder. However, the statue keeps telling me that "There's still evil inside. Perhaps you can cleanse it."
Also the wizard on the upper floor "has nothing to say to me", although i accepted to explore(and did so) the undead area of the keep.
I also freed from curse the cleric that looked like a skeleton.

What should i do? I really have no idea.

Thank you.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:41 AM

The wizard and the wraith work together. Not sure why he isn't talking to you anymore, but the wizard needs to be removed. Go talk to the statue afterwards.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:32 AM

Ok, thanks. The problem was that the wizard wasn't hostile, and since i don't usually attack unprovoked, i haven't thought to kill him.

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:35 AM

I had the same problem ... the mage has nothing to say to you and statue still say "there is evil...".

I killed the mage anyway and that's correct.

I guess the problem with the statue could due to some evil characters in your party, may be?

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

Killing the wizard solves the problem. But he should turn hostile, else it's confusing.

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:01 AM

Did you go outside the keep to the encampment and kill the undead there and get the item and return to the mage? I did that after I killed the beholder and wraith and the mage turned hostile and summoned some helpers to try to kill me.

ronin

#7 Deadlok

Deadlok
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

Oh well, i guess that's what i did wrong...
I killed the undead in the encampment outside, but probably forgot to get the item. :(

Thank you, it's all clear now.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:03 PM

He does ask you to go find it. You don't have to leave, if you have the horn already, you can go ahead and talk to him a second time.

The statue doesn't care what alignment your party members are. It just wants to make sure the 2 main evil creatures (wizard and wraith) are dead. Talk to it a second time after clearing out the caves and you will get your reward (unless you are evil!).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website