TRA files for BH

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:55 AM

Two different projects have been going on, gang. I am starting to get in some language translations (yeah! :Bow: :cookie: ). I also have found that the Tutu install doesn't always work :doh: . Mainly due to the installer looking for a bif file that you may or may not have in your data directory.

So, I have attached an update here to BoneHill. This doesn't change the 2.00 version, there are no additions or fixes. Just extract this into your SoA folder. It will replace the TP2 that you have and it will add the language files needed to the BoneHill directory. Therefore, you do need to make sure the BoneHill200.RAR files is extracted into the SoA folder first! This will overwrite some files in that folder.

Right now only English is available. The Russian files are missing (another thread talks about this). If everything goes right, there will be a German and Spanish version at some point. If anyone wants to contribute with their own language (Cajun and New England don't count!), please, please do so. You just need to create TRA files to match the ones you see in the English folder. A TRA file is just a standard text file that Notepad can open.

For the Tutu fans, this updated install now looks for a BGT file instead. Therefore, if you have Tutu, it will install because you don't have the BGT file. I hope to fix this at some point to ask the player which one to install but for now, I will check for the BG1ARE.BIF file that BGT-Weidu creates. By the way, you have to extract all of the files even for Tutu. The TP2 by itself won't help because all English text has been removed from it and placed into the Language\English folder.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:59 AM

Has been spanish translation started really or it's just a plan/joke for the "upcoming" future?

Congratulations for the mod and keep up the good work. :)
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

Talk to Immortality to see if he/she is still working on it. Last I heard, it was in the works.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website