Installation Problem - Bonehill2.0 Tutu

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tarn

Tarn
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:44 AM

Billybob

I have a problem installing Bonehill2.0 with Tutu. I perfromed a clean install of Baldur's Gate The Origianl Saga and Baldur's Gate II including ToB. I then patched BGII. I then ran Tutu (tried all this with version 4 and 6).

Then I tried to run Bonehill 2.0 and received the following error message:
ERROR: Failure("resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")

I can install it succesfully in BGT-Weidu-v9 but I would prefer Tutu.

I can also install Bonehill v17 no problems.

I have attached the debug file for the complete record.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:02 AM

The error is with Gelpas's dialog file. I am not sure why you are getting this because my file shows it is editing the correct Dynaheir dialog. Your error log looks as if it is trying to edit the BGT Dynaheir file. Place this file into the BoneHill\Tutu\D directory and try again.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Tarn

Tarn
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the prompt response.

I installed the file as advised and ran the setup program again and it failed at the same point. I appears that during the setup for some reason it tries to perform a BGT install rather than Tutu install(?!?), refer to the attached debug report. Any ideas on what may be prompting this?

Your assistance is appreciated.

Attached Files

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

BH is looking for a standard BIF file in your data director, FW0000.bif. Please look to see if that file exists. If not, I need to know more about your Tutu install. I have this file and either Tutu or a Tutu fixpack creates it. Therefore, it should be in your data directory as well.

Classic Adventures

#5 Tarn

Tarn
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

BillyBob you pointed me in the right direction. I have now identified that (for me at least) Tutu v6 does not work with Bonehillv2 as it does not create the FW0000.bif file in the data directory. The first file it created was FW0002.bif.

However Tutu v4 AND then running TutuFixv13 AND choosing the water degreener option does create the FW0000.bif file in the data directory.

I trust this information will be of use in ensuring that Bonehill2.0 retains it's flexibility in terms of the 'versions' that support it.

Cheers

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:14 AM

Isn't version 6 of Tutu still in beta? If so, I can't guarantee what BIF files will stay and which will go. I can't with BGT either but my game check looks for Tutu first.

Here is an updated TP2 file that looks for FW0002.BIF. I will be uploading a small patch/update this week that includes a Russian translation. I will have to remember to updated that version's TP2 also.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#7 Tarn

Tarn
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

Version 6 of Tutu is still in beta. I fully appreciate the diffuclty in trying to maintain compatability with other 'modifications'. I would recommend that you include a note in your readme to mention that if running Tutu the user will need to utilise the Water Degreener fix as this is what generates the BIF files. If they do not use the water degreener the BIF files will not be generated and Bonehill2.0 will never recognise that it is operating under Tutu.

I have just started a new game of BG1 under Tutu and now look forward to playing Bonehill2.0. Thanks for the adventure and your assistance. Keep up the good work.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:24 PM

Instead of requesting that they run that install step, I can have the TP2 look for either a bif or a file in the override. The problem with the override is that I have to assume the player didn't bif the files on their own. If so, I will never find a standard Tutu file. Perhaps I need to just reverse the process and look for a BGT bif instead. At least I know those files will be in the game.

Classic Adventures

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:57 PM

Okay, this TP2 file looks first for BGT. If it doesn't find BG1ARE.BIF (which BGT-Weidu creates), then it will assume you have Tutu. If you can try this out.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#10 Tarn

Tarn
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:38 AM

Inititally it didn't work as at the Tutu/BGT conditional arguement you had the BEGIN and THEN BEGIN arguement around the wrong way. I swapped them and it now works fine. The corrected file is attached.

My own preference would be to remove the automatic check and ask the user for their input on whether they have Tutu or BGT. This way Bonehill2.0 would no longer be reliant on specific files of Tutu or BGT and should make it more resilient for future upgrades.

Attached Files

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:00 AM

I would prefer that as well, but there are enough players out there that don't know what the hell they are doing to be able to ask a simple question like that. If you disagree, just go read some of the threads in these forums (not just in the BH one).

I will probably change it to try to autodetect what you have and then ask you if what it found is correct. This is what I prefer most apps to do but they don't. That will have to wait until I have time to figure out the command in Weidu to do it. In the meantime, I have another possible language comming on board, so I will have to update the TP2 for it soon.

Thanks for fixing the TP2. I couldn't run the setup right now to test my cut-and-paste.

Classic Adventures

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:01 AM

I'm not very familiar with forums, so I might have missed something obvious, but isn't all the files that you have attached just internet links. How do I download and run them? I tried to click the link, but i just got a document (in my web browser, which is Mozilla Firefox, but I've tried with explorer too) with a lot of text.

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

No links to other sites, these are the actual documents on the links. A TP2 file is just a text file. Your browser may be able to open it. If so, just save it to the SoA folder with the correct name. I don't use Firefox but I would assume it can save from a link.

Classic Adventures