Photo

Couple more bugs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marupal

Marupal
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:53 AM

1. Having a familiar out and going anywhere near Welcar will turn him hostile. Don't know if anybody else in town will do this, cause I put the familiar in backpack for a while.

2.Characters like SBB, the smith, the mage at the shop are having soundset problems i.e. saying (using a wav)"my casting has been interrupted" or "a trap has been set" when nothing is going on.

3.Some of the areas are missing resources (on my install) ->wolf.cre and amb_e05c are 2 I've managed to spot.

Fun mod

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

Welcar should only go hostile if you have a low reputation, same as a Flaming Fist. I don't know why a familiar would do this to you.

Wolf.CRE is missing from BGT (for some unknown reason) but was in BGT-BP. If you are using 1.95 (and ONLY 1.95 works with BGT-Weidu), the wolf issue should be fixed. Not sure about that ambient, I have walked all over the maps and I don't remember any crashing from a missing ambient. There are 2 houses in Garrotten that will crash because they are looking for NeJ interiors. This will be fixed in the next patch.

Several actors do this and I don't know why. I think the game just randomly grabs a comment and that is what you are hearing. Most non-joinable NPCs only have 2 or 3 comments that keep repeating, so it isn't so noticable (listen to Bernard in the Copper Coronet). Anyone other than Fabio should have regular peasant or shop comments. He is the only real NPC in the mod.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Marupal

Marupal
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:06 PM

Welcar should only go hostile if you have a low reputation, same as a Flaming Fist. I don't know why a familiar would do this to you.

Reputation is 20.. damn goody toe shoes. I think this is the same thing as the Nashkel Guards attacking if a familiar was out. I'm guessing that famaliars aren't treated as having a rep (or 0) and the
IF
ReputationLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),4)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
   Enemy()
END
is spotting the familiar, not the pc. As long as he stays in the backpack or away from Welcar, there's no problem.

The missing files I looked for using DLTCEP, IE, and NI, then manually checked the override, and then used search to see if there were any files close to those names. Didn't exist anywhere in the BG2 directory ( I still haven't deleted the install folders for the mods, easier to tell who was the last one to modify a file.)
Just now I went into plain BG1 and can find wolf.cre, but no amb_e05c. I've got amb_e05b and d though, and all the rest of what is being used by the areas. Not sure if the ambient was causing crashes, or if the game will just automatically move on and find a different ambient to play.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:09 AM

Missing ambients normally cause crashes. Either a crash when you load the area or a crash when you come near the sound on the map. So if the ambient is a tavern noise, avoiding the tavern can keep the game running.

I am currently going through 1.95 and have found that several ambients and animations (all from IWD) are missing. This is because they are available when you have NeJ also installed. I will release a small patch update (1.96) once I get all the area's missing extras added back in. So far, all the problems are in Garrotten, not in Restenford, so you won't see these problems until the second half of the mod.

Classic Adventures

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:11 PM

Welcar will now still attack you for a low rep (I don't understand why a familiar triggers this). However, now he does a shout so the dogs should attack you as well. :ROFL:

Classic Adventures

#6 Marupal

Marupal
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:20 AM

[QUOTE]However, now he does a shout so the dogs should attack you as well. [QUOTE]
:blink: ....... :o

[QUOTE]I don't understand why a familiar triggers this[/QUOTE]
You know more about this game than me. I'm not pulling you're leg here though. Rep of 20. If the familiar is kept in my backpack, Welcar won't attack. If the familiar is out, he attacks. This is true every time. If I change his script to check the rep of the pc and not "lastseenby(myself)", Welcar behaves himself unless I do something to my rep. Always works. A thought also occurred to me **strange sensation** The pseudo dragon in it's general attributes is named as a monster, while some of the others are animal and humanoid. Maybe it's the monster thing. ?.?.?

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

Could be. I assume a familiar doesn't share the rep level of the party. A PC with a rep of 20 has a party with a rep of 20. Edwin can't have a lower rep than you and Ajantis can't have a higher rep. So if a "monster" has a different rep and familiars are classified as monsters, any creature with this script will attack the creature it sees because of the low rep.

My code is a copy from the Flaming Fist guards, so I guess either they have the same problem, or BGT-Weidu now has it fixed. If fixed, I can just copy the new code. If not fixed, I need to eliminate this code for both here and in the Baron's mansion.

Classic Adventures

#8 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:33 AM

My code is a copy from the Flaming Fist guards, so I guess either they have the same problem, or BGT-Weidu now has it fixed.  If fixed, I can just copy the new code.  If not fixed, I need to eliminate this code for both here and in the Baron's mansion.

View Post

The Flaming Fist guards have the same problem. I think Ascension64 has fixed it in BGT-Weidu beta v99b4.