CtD entering BH2202

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -pher-

-pher-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

Have not been able to enter the second level of the lizard cave.

My install is the BGT BP NeJ with only

DSoTSC 1.6
NToTSC 1.2
BH 1.8 + 1.92

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

Okay that is really strange. Only the second level? I think the ambients are the same on both, so only the lizardman king is different. You have the patch so I am not sure what else could be missing. Give me a day, hopefully this new site allows uploads!

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 -pher-

-pher-

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:47 PM

As an addendum,

The fishermen in the 1st level seem to self-replicate. I had this same issue in a non-BH part of the game.

The thieves' guild quests in the first section of Baldurīs Gate would generate multiple copies of the thief (name?) , so I ended up having 100+ copies. Eventually they got in the way and I fireballed them. This replication would stop once the quests were completed.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

I use a script to add the fishermen. The script is supposed to only add them during the creation of the area (as in OnCreation()) . For some reason, you game is constantly recreating the area, so these actors keep appearing. I haven't seen this problem in quite awhile. I am not sure what would cause the script to do this. I have used that command in several other area scripts and never had a problem with it. Oh well, I can change it for the next patch refresh.

As for area BH2202, I strongly suspect the problem is with the ambient sounds. You need to have them in your override folder because the game is not finding them in the WAV biffs that NeJ has. The easy way to get them without using NI, would be to go download the Tutu version of BH, and copy the \Sounds\*.WAV files from that directory into your override folder. You may want to also place them in the sounds folder of SOA\BoneHill so the next time you install, the sounds will be there.

Classic Adventures

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

What is the NI way of doing this? I don't wanna dl the TuTu version (yet).

Edited by Azazello, 28 June 2005 - 07:59 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#6 -pher-

-pher-

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, adding the sound files did not work, although I can confirm that 23 of the sound files were not there before.

I donīt know if this helps, but I also later tried to uninstall and install. 1.92 uninstalls fine while 1.8 does not seem to have that option. Reinstalling gets stuck

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

Not sure what you mean by not having an option. Weidu takes care of the installs and uninstalls of each mod. The only problem may be if both used the same BoneHill folder, but the patch should have used it's own folder.

Second, if it isn't the ambient files, I don't know what else to tell you. The CRE files should be there. BAM (animations) will also cause it to crash. If you know NI, see if you have all the BAM files for that area (firepots, FIRE_4 for torches, etc)

Classic Adventures

#8 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

The Lizard King CRE pointed to a BH*.* (BHLIZKNG.CRE ?) file, which is not in my install. I changed it to BPLIZKNG.CRE

I also pulled the required WAVs from BP-WAV9.bif, saved them as you suggested, and changed the ambient references.

Neither of these prevented the CtD.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

The Lizard King CRE pointed to a BH*.* (BHLIZKNG.CRE ?) file, which is not in my install. I changed it to BPLIZKNG.CRE

I also pulled the required WAVs from BP-WAV9.bif, saved them as you suggested, and changed the ambient references.

Neither of these prevented the CtD.

I also had this CTD problem, but I found a way to fix it. I found BHLIZKNG.CRE in my BoneHillv192 folder and copied it to my override folder. Problem solved! :lol: