Photo

Portrait switching

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Essande

Essande
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:53 PM

Is there a way to switch an NPC's portrait in the middle of the game?  Or do I have to create an entirely different creature for that?

#2 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

It can be done with casting a spell that changes the portrait. I think that Edwin changes the portait to Edwina in one of Weimer's mods, Anomen's portrait got changed in Flirt Packs and Xan's portrait gets changed in BG1NPC.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:48 PM

Can be done with ShadowKeeper too.

#4 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

O, sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought that Essande asked if it can be done as a part of the mod independently of the player's actions with editing software. Yep, of course ShadowKeeper or NI or even simply putting portraits with the same name as the priginal one in the override folder will do the trick if it is just a player-driven replacement on an NPC. :)

#5 Essande

Essande
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

Actually I did want the portrait change to be in game as part of a mod.  Thank you both anyway and I have it all figured out now.

#6 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

Might be worth posting it here so that others who wonder the same thing will know how to do it.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#7 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

This question was also addressed in this thread.

Perhaps these two topics could be merged or one (or both) of them deleted- no point in duplicating information.

Also, this topic has come up in a couple of separate threads so pinning it is probably a good idea.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion