Photo

Yalta and the Gnolls

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaddAzzYellaBro

BaddAzzYellaBro
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

I'm having a problem with the Yalta quest. I've killed the gnolls and their ogre leader in tri-top but when I go back to Yalta...there is no dialouge option to let him know I've completed the task. Also the problem of the messengers with Martin...no new dialouge also. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

For Yalta, did you get the quest from him before you went there? It shouldn't matter but maybe I changed something.

As for Martin, which part of his dialog are you having a problem with? First meeting? Quest about Gnolls? Delivery of message to Almax? Return to Martin?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

I have to assume that Yalta never gave you the quest about the gnolls. Here are the conditions that have to be met for you to act like he did give you the quest:

GlobalGT("BHGnollQuest","GLOBAL",1)
Global("BHToldYaltaGnoll","GLOBAL",0)
Global("BHYaltaGivesGnollQuest","GLOBAL",1)

As you can see, the second global had to already be set. Since it wasn't, you don't get the dialog option to tell him what you found. Also, since BHGnollQuest was already set to 3 if you found the ogre, the option to have Yalta tell you about the gnolls isn't going to trigger either. So you become stuck which is what happened to you. I have fixed the dialog but it won't be in the 1.92 patch I post several days ago since I just fixed it now. It will have to go in the next patch. Unless you are playing the Tutu version. I haven't made the 1.92 patch for Tutu yet.

I still need more info from you about Martin.

Classic Adventures

#4 BaddAzzYellaBro

BaddAzzYellaBro
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

Not sure if I got the quest from Yalta first. But as for Martin...he just keeps telling me to check out the gnolls...he never gives me a message to deliver to Almax. I've killed the gnolls and their leader and looted the three bodies near the bottom cave (I assume these are the messengers). I'm using 1.9 and I've installed the latest patch 1.92 also.

The problem is probally because I cleared the wilderness areas before meeting Yalta or Almax.

Edited by BaddAzzYellaBro, 12 May 2005 - 04:57 PM.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

Nope that can't be it. Martin won't talk to you unless you have talked to Almax first.

So I assume you are getting this option:

"Well, I guess we can look into that."

If so, change this global:

SetGlobal("BHGnollQuest","GLOBAL",3)

That will tell him that you took out the ogre and he will give you a message to take to Almax.

The three bodies are just adventures that were killed by the wolves. They have nothing to do with Martin or Almax.

Classic Adventures