• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:13 PM

Hi,

Just posted some screen shots over at the black wyrm forums. Maybe you want to have a look :)

#2 Loké

Loké
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

I think you should make some more, compile them with a few quests 'n random encounters and release a BGII wilderness mod. One of my fave things about BGI was the freedom, being able to wander willy-nilly.
Raaar!

#3 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:15 AM

Brilliant! Do more - what packages are you using?

-Y-

#4 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:59 AM

One of the first I've seen that actually has good lighting.

Well done.

Seif

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#5 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:25 AM

Wow... really picturesque and elfy-looking. Great job. :)
There weren't enough foresty areas in BGII... I missed them.

Edited by Hishi, 10 April 2005 - 04:25 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#6 Grey Acumen

Grey Acumen

Hunter of the Doomed

• 2047 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:58 AM

it seems just a teensy bit bright, but you can always add the shadows in game, can't you?

but yeah, that does look good
Improved Beastmaster ---------- [Complete!]
Mime Bardic Kit ------------------- [Complete!]
Rebalanced Use Any Item HLA -- [Complete!]
Improved Wizard Slayer --------- [Complete!]
Stormsinger Ultimate Elemental Bardic Kit [75%]

Find out what else is in store at Acumen's Assortment

#7 Togashi Renshi

Togashi Renshi

Fhtagn!

• 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

Yow! That's really, really, REALLY good, especially for a first try!

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

Impressing.

#9 Eon Blue Apocalypse

Eon Blue Apocalypse
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

Makes me want to explore it with my party! It does a good job at invoking an atmosphere.

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:09 PM

Hrrm, must make an area at some point ^^

Looks really good - as Seifer said, nice lighting. Was it modelled in Bryce? :) It has a very Bryce-esque (o.0) look to it.

#11 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:29 PM

Hrrm, must make an area at some point ^^

Looks really good - as Seifer said, nice lighting. Was it modelled in Bryce? :) It has a very Bryce-esque (o.0) look to it.

View Post

Yes, mainly Bryce, good eye ;)

My toolset consists of GIMP, Bryce, Poser and Shade (and a very old version of CorelDraw). I find the power that you can get nowadays for a comparatively little amount of money very impressive. Especially when compared to the tools I remember from about eight years ago, which was the last time I seriously looked into computer graphics at university. Although the learning curve is still pretty steep...

Edited by Yacomo, 10 April 2005 - 11:29 PM.

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

Yes, good stuff Yacomo!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

I'm sure you could pass the area files on to someone that has a need for them (Hlid being one of them I can think of). Unfortunately for me, I still have several months work ahead of me before I need some outdoor areas. Though I could use one right now...

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#14 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

I'm sure you could pass the area files on to someone that has a need for them (Hlid being one of them I can think of).  Unfortunately for me, I still have several months work ahead of me before I need some outdoor areas.  Though I could use one right now...

View Post

Now you got me confused :wacko: Anyway, I'll be adding some more tweaks and then SirKill has offered to host the graphics over at the WtP community resources page. So you or Hlid or whoever might be interested can grab it and warp it into the best mod ever ;)
I am mainly doing this stuff to learn how to use these fancy 3d proggies. I'll be doing more area graphics in the future as an exercise, so eventually you will have several to choose from, once you get that far in your project. My ultimate goal is to learn the skills necessary to create the transition movie that Ascension64 so much desires, but it will be a long road till there...

#15 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:30 AM

Shade isn't old, its on Version 7 now I believe.

And what Bryce version you using?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#16 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:38 AM

I'll answer my own question there, Bryce 5 as you can't model those trees in B4.

And wait till you get started on animation!

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:13 PM

Now you got me confused

Hlid and I are both working on TC projects (not the same project) so new areas are always welcome. I'm only good at cut-and-paste from previous areas, and lighting is a hap-hazard attempt for me. So are you saying that these graphics are available to anyone who wants them?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#18 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

Hlid and I are both working on TC projects (not the same project) so new areas are always welcome.  I'm only good at cut-and-paste from previous areas, and lighting is a hap-hazard attempt for me.  So are you saying that these graphics are available to anyone who wants them?

View Post

Yep, the graphics will be available to anyone who wants them and in fact I would feel honoured if they were considered worthy to be put into a mod :blush: I really do believe that sharing stuff is a good thing in a community like ours B)

Btw. the people over at the black wyrm, especially the WtP folks are going to great lengths in order to make assets available to the community. They already posted a large amount of Diablo II tiles ready for cut'n'pasting ;)

Maybe you want to have a look at WtP homepage - check out the 'community assets' link!

#19 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

Bump :) Thanks for all the comments! Tweaked the textures and rerendered at 2/3 the size, preview images updated - maybe you want to have a second look B)

I'll pass the complete image to Sir Kill for posting it on the WtP community assets page.

#20 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:39 PM

I have the image and saved it in bmp, RAR'ed it, and uploaded it to ftp just waiting for the links, should be real soon. thank you again.

thanks for the promotion and donation Yacomo
the tile sets and maps are for people not skilled in creating new area art myself and Sir Billybob (just because he mentioned that in this thread) you might want to check out this thread here
Live Free Or Die