Photo

GUI maker needed for BGT-WeiDU

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#141 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:20 AM

Uh, I only checked with BP-BGT, is BGT-WeiDU different? Way, can you confirm this? Ascension64?
Must have a look into this quit issue this evening...

View Post

It doesn't seem to want to install for me at all; I think I've fubarred my install. It'll take a while before I can get it all clean again; I'll get back to you later.
Update: The quit graphic works for me, in 800x600 and 1024x768. There must be something else affecting it. I do get the other problem though; clicking the button labelled "Start Game" takes me to SoA, and clicking the button labelled "Baldur's Gate 2" takes me to BG1. I don't know if this is an issue with the menu or if that happens in BGT-WeiDU-0.94, but I suspect the former since I had no problems with BGT-WeiDU-0.9, and I can't see why that would have changed.

View Post

Checked the quit graphics as well, and they worked for me as well. So we definitely need more info here :(
About the buttons: I did not change the chu at all - only thing I did was search for the 'Baldur's Gate 1' and 'Baldur's Gate 2' strings in BP-BGT and replaced them using the tp2 file with 'New Game' and 'New BG2 Game' respectively. Of course we can switch strings...
In BP-BGT this setup works however - 'New Game' takes you to BG1, 'New BG2 Game' takes you to BG2 after answering a confirmation dialog. Where is this confirmation dialog in BGT-WeiDU? Do you get it when you want to start BG1? I guess so, but I think the way BP-BGT does it is better, since it can clearly warn you when you are about to skip the BG1 part of the game.

Comments from Ascension64, King Diamond, Waywocket et al welcome!

View Post

The quit problem might be something on my machine, I'll let you know next time I do a reinstall.

I believe the buttons have been switched over in BGT-WeiDU v0.94 because the ToB screen would also have Start BG2 game instead of new game. Not really sure about it but maybe Ascension64 or King Diamond can confirm this.

if it is the case maybe Ascension64 can let you know what needs to change so when your mod installs that New game starts BG1 and New BG2 game starts BG2.

#142 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:13 AM

I can't be of too much use at the moment, because I am way too busy, but if someone wants to install BGT-WeiDU 0.94 BETA with the following lines commented (i.e. //) out in the .tp2 file, that will help you troubleshoot the menu. These are the string changes made to the GUI.

STRING_SET ~33093~ @9039  /* Changes TUTORIAL button */
STRING_SET ~44200~ @9040  /* Changes message after clicking TUTORIAL button */
STRING_SET ~73245~ @9041  /* Changes description under SHADOWS OF AMN button */
STRING_SET ~73247~ @9042  /* Changes SHADOWS OF AMN button at the start screen */

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#143 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

When quitting the game, the circle is not in the middle but to the left for me.  I'm playing BG2 in a resolution of 1024x786 so this might have something to do with it.

View Post

Must have a look into this quit issue this evening...

View Post

Hi Yacomo and Waywocket, I have downloaded the BGT gui again and re-installed it. Now the quit button is in the middle. :thumb: Must have been something on my machine earlier but it's the last mod I installed so I wouldn't know what it was.

#144 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:51 AM

Hi Yacomo and Waywocket, I have downloaded the BGT gui again and re-installed it.  Now the quit button is in the middle. :thumb: Must have been something on my machine earlier but it's the last mod I installed so I wouldn't know what it was.

View Post

Glad to hear!
Concerning the labels: They are used differently (switched) in BP-BGT and BGT-WeiDU, the final word on this is still pending and I cannot upload attachments at the moment anyway. So if you want to fix this for yourself, just switch those two labels in the tp2 file and reinstall or just wait for the next version of BGT-WeiDU B)

#145 Nerik

Nerik
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:04 AM

One thought I'd had; considering that BG I & BG II are two separate 'volumes' of the saga, and ToB just adds chapters 7-9 (IIRC) to BG II, couldn't we have the main game selection screen offer the choice of BG I or BG II, and have the 'tutorial' button select ToB?

One idea - start with the ToB selection screen, swap the SoA & ToB buttons, change the ToB button to select BG I instead, so the 'ToB' (formally tutorial) button is accessed via the SoA button.

Charles

#146 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:28 AM

One thought I'd had; considering that BG I & BG II are two separate 'volumes' of the saga, and ToB just adds chapters 7-9 (IIRC) to BG II, couldn't we have the main game selection screen offer the choice of BG I or BG II, and have the 'tutorial' button select ToB?

One idea - start with the ToB selection screen, swap the SoA & ToB buttons, change the ToB button to select BG I instead, so the 'ToB' (formally tutorial) button is accessed via the SoA button.

Charles

View Post

Sorry, but this option was discussed already somewhere earlier in this thread. It does not work due to the hard-coded nature of the button functions. The ToB start screen does not only contain the button to start a new ToB game, but also the button to import an existing game. While you could move the ToB start button to another screen with some area exchanging and clever scripting, you will end up with a second screen that either starts BG1 or BG2 and offers the option to import an existing game and starts ToB. Not a good combination imho.

#147 -Guest_Nerik_*-

-Guest_Nerik_*-

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

I must have missed that, sorry.

Charles

#148 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:52 AM

I must have missed that, sorry.

Charles

View Post

No problems - wished as much as you that this was possible ;)

#149 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:49 AM

Hi,

Is this GUI ready to be installed yet? And if so, how would I go about it? Sorry, don't have much experience in modding, only found this site yesterday! Although it has rekindled my interest in Baldur's Gate (thanks)...

:D

#150 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

Is this GUI ready to be installed yet? And if so, how would I go about it? Sorry, don't have much experience in modding, only found this site yesterday! Although it has rekindled my interest in Baldur's Gate (thanks)...

:D

View Post

Depends, on top of what you want to install it. This GUI was primarily designed for use and distribution with BGT-WeiDU and to a lesser extent for BP-BGT. It was not really meant for stand-alone installation. It should be possible to install it over other mods as well, but you do so at your own risk B)

Brief installation notes:
- download the rar-archive posted above, remove the .txt extension and decompress it into your bg2 folder using WinRAR
- then you will need to track down a copy of WeiDU (due to size restrictions I was not able to add it to the archive) - if you have any recent mods on your machine, you can take any of the 'Setup XYZ.exe' files and rename it to 'Setup BGT Menu.exe', otherwise you can download WeiDU from www.weidu.org
- if you want to install for BGT-WeiDU, switch the 'New Game' and 'New BG2 Game' labels in 'Setup BGT Menu.tp2'
- finally run 'Setup BGT Menu.exe'

Hope this helps :)

#151 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:19 AM

Yacomo you are too quick for me. :D

Edited by cujo, 07 April 2005 - 06:21 AM.

#152 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

Yacomo you are too quick for me.  :D

View Post

Guess we are this weeks 24h / 7d support guys :D

On a more serious note: Is there a maximum attachment limit or something like that active for these boards? Looked into the forum rules, but did not find anything :(

If I could, I would have posted a WeiDu.exe for the guest above, but forums won't let me :crying:

#153 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

Thank you, works great. Looks great too, nice work :)

(installed over BP-BGT-NEJ-CtB-DSotSC-NSotSC-BH by the way)

Thanks again...

#154 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

Yacomo you are too quick for me.  :D

View Post

Guess we are this weeks 24h / 7d support guys :D

On a more serious note: Is there a maximum attachment limit or something like that active for these boards? Looked into the forum rules, but did not find anything :(

If I could, I would have posted a WeiDu.exe for the guest above, but forums won't let me :crying:

View Post

Contact an admin

#155 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:09 PM

It seems to be a limit of around 512KB per message posted. I usually don't add any EXE files to an upload just because of that limit.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#156 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

It seems to be a limit of around 512KB per message posted.  I usually don't add any EXE files to an upload just because of that limit.

View Post

Thanks for replying - I knew that one however, should have been more precise: Is there an 'overall' limit? Like KD, I am no longer able to attach anything and I guess that such a limit could be the cause.

* EDIT * Deleted most of the pictures in this thread, but it did not help :( Sorry to those that still wanted to view them.

* EDIT 2 * The browser makes no difference, both IE and Firefox fail - tried to contact an admin, hope that attachments have not been disabled :huh:

Edited by Yacomo, 07 April 2005 - 10:53 PM.

#157 Cantrip

Cantrip

the Scholar

• 325 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:43 PM

There is a limit.
You can remove attachments by you by going to "My Controls" and "Manage Attachments". ;)

Edited by Cantrip, 07 April 2005 - 09:43 PM.

"A hot iron, though blunt, will pierce sooner than a cold one, though sharper."

Some great webcomics:
http://www.dominic-deegan.com/
http://www.nuklearpower.com/latest.php
http://www.giantitp..../ootscript?SK=1

#158 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:35 AM

I know I am asking something stupid, but...

Is it possible to uninstall this GUI if I don't like it? I haven't even installed it yet, just asking :)

#159 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:46 AM

I know I am asking something stupid, but...

Is it possible to uninstall this GUI if I don't like it? I haven't even installed it yet, just asking :)

View Post

Like with any properly written WeiDU mod - the answer is 'yes' ;)

#160 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

I didn't look at the details but if you have some other mod installed before Menu mod and that mod's been reinstalled at some moment there is no Elminster's background anymore. Something doesn't work...

Edited by King Diamond, 09 April 2005 - 04:14 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme