bam circle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

I'm trying to import some creature animations from diablo 2.

unfortunately all the frames have empty side space and so in the game the circle is huge.

Posted Image

I can't even try to resize automatically the frames with a 2d graphic program because their height can't be changed.

I know I could manually resize the frames but they are about 200!

is there another way to solve this problem? maybe the size of the circle depends on only a bam or maybe on the first frame.

any idea? thanks in advance

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#2 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1059 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:14 AM

The size of the selection circle is controlled by the animation slot.

Visit the IESDP

#3 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:20 AM

I am curious: is it hardcoded or not? It might save me some trouble in the future.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#4 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded rather than calculated from the BAM dimensions, yeh.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:00 PM

Along with the walking sounds. Which is why nearly every Icewind Dale animation in the game sounds like a giant (even the ones without feet). I'm not sure why BioWare didn't make the code changes necessary so that all the default animations had correct collision sizes and walking sounds (you'd think they would have at least been able to do this for ToB).

#6 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1059 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:52 AM

Aren't walking sounds controlled by the 2da files?

Visit the IESDP

#7 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

I thought it was an animation size matter...

however now I have my small circle but I noticed there is a problem with death animation (xxxxde). I don't see it... the creature becomes immediately a corpse.

it think the right sequence should be: current ani -> xxxxde (the creature fall to the floor dead) -> xxxxtw (there is the corpse)

but I see: current ani -> creature disappears for 1-2 seconds -> xxxxtw (corpse)

any idea? :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)