• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 03:07 AM

Hi,
I just stepped into the wonderland of BP-BGT-Nej-SoBH-DSotSC and encountered a major problem when I tried to start the BoneHill quests; the game crashes without warning right after Pelltar has transfered us to Restenford and told us to investigate the area. Any clue what might be causing it, or how to fix it?

I have installed BP-BGT-Nej with v.313 patch, BP s&h patch v.6, DSotSC v. 1.5, SoBH v. 1.8 + patch v. 1.9, BP-BGT Worldmap and BP Series.

I had one crash earlier, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with BoneHill; I can't access one map area at all because I'll have a ctd immediately (game doesn't even load the area). I don't know its area code but it's the second area north from Gnoll Stronghold.
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:55 AM

An immediate crash on traveling to Restenford would be caused by you not installing the tilesets at the end of the BoneHill setup. Try this:

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH0100")

That is Restenford. Another area to try is:

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH2000"), which is Garrotten.

If they both fail, you don't have the TIS files in your override folder.

As for the map, I will pass that on to Yacomo since you state that you installed his map mod. Otherwise, I would assume that the area is one of the three that we had to move because of CtB problems. If so, either the area hasn't been installed (which should be impossible since DSotSC installs it) or you just found a bad link.

If the later, please post what area you were on and what area you were going to so he knows what link to look at.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:04 AM

As for the map, I will pass that on to Yacomo since you state that you installed his map mod.  Otherwise, I would assume that the area is one of the three that we had to move because of CtB problems.  If so, either the area hasn't been installed (which should be impossible since DSotSC installs it) or you just found a bad link.

View Post

No worries, I'll take care of that map link issue. Already silently added Minnamarits problem to my highly frequented map link bug thread a couple of hours ago ;)

Currently at work, will check these issues later this evening. Since I did not change anything in the map apart from locations (yet), this problem must have existed for quite some time though :ph34r:

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:14 AM

I suspect you are right. I wonder what the destination area was? Two up would be the area above the wood elves/polar bear. So it wouldn't be a CtB change. That means the link has been bad for an even longer period of time and no one noticed.

Classic Adventures

#5 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:24 AM

An immediate crash on traveling to Restenford would be caused by you not installing the tilesets at the end of the BoneHill setup.  Try this:

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH0100")

That is Restenford.  Another area to try is:

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH2000"), which is Garrotten.

If they both fail, you don't have the TIS files in your override folder.

As for the map, I will pass that on to Yacomo since you state that you installed his map mod.  Otherwise, I would assume that the area is one of the three that we had to move because of CtB problems.  If so, either the area hasn't been installed (which should be impossible since DSotSC installs it) or you just found a bad link.

If the later, please post what area you were on and what area you were going to so he knows what link to look at.

View Post

Ok, tried both CLUAs and they work! Thank you so much! :)

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

Okay, then I am confused. When did your game crash, while in the temple with Pelltar or after you arrived in Restenford? Does it still do this?

Classic Adventures

#7 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

OK, let's see...
I CLUAded myself to Restenford and have now explored Restenford, BaldHill, TriTop and Reddy Forest and those maps work perfect. If I try to enter Restenford via "the real road"(meet Pelltar in the temple), the game crashes after Pelltar has teleported my group to Restenford. He says his two lines there (last being told to investigate the area and then report back to him) and then I get the option to continue the dialogue which is confusing because if I CLUA myself to Restenford, Pelltar gives his lines then also, but after the second line I have only option to end the dialogue. So, if I teleport Restenford by Pelltar and not by CLUA and press "continue" after Pelltar's second line, the game either crashes intantly or first freezes and then crashes.

I also found another crash there: when I talk to Almax and ask about the western areas of Restenford, the game crashes. Asking about other directions went fine. I hope it's not vital information I'm missing?!

Edited by minnamaarit, 19 March 2005 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:10 AM

The game crashes from a dialog? :blink:

I didn't know that was possible. I guess if he gave you a bad item but Almax doesn't hand anything to you. At that point in the dialog, you should have some globals set by him but that is all.

Oh, did you talk to Martin (the ranger) in Reddy Forest before talking to Almax? It shouldn't matter but I guess I need to look at that dialog path just in case.

Pelltar just gave me a strange dialog when I CLUA'd to Restenford also. Not sure why when he only has one dialog for that area. I will look at his dialog file too.

Classic Adventures

#9 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

• 429 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

The game crashes from a dialog?  :blink:

I didn't know that was possible.  I guess if he gave you a bad item but Almax doesn't hand anything to you.  At that point in the dialog, you should have some globals set by him but that is all.

Oh, did you talk to Martin (the ranger) in Reddy Forest before talking to Almax?  It shouldn't matter but I guess I need to look at that dialog path just in case.

Pelltar just gave me a strange dialog when I CLUA'd to Restenford also.  Not sure why when he only has one dialog for that area.  I will look at his dialog file too.

View Post

No, I talked to Almax first before moving to other areas...

Posted Image