• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#101 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

I have a personal request...kind of.

Remember that annoying halfling that asks you to poison the grove? Khellon Menold by name. Maybe you should add an option where you can kill the bugger! I rarely ever poison the grove even when I play evil so he always escapes before I can kill him....*sigh*
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#102 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

I have a personal request...kind of.

Remember that annoying halfling that asks you to poison the grove? Khellon Menold by name. Maybe you should add an option where you can kill the bugger! I rarely ever poison the grove even when I play evil so he always escapes before I can kill him....*sigh*

I agree on that one. Also, I would like to kill all the patrons in the Copper Coronet, cause they ALWAYS gets in my way, and the serving lass would meet my blade as well. Not to forget, the people in the beginning. "A mad wizard has blown up a part of Waukeens Promenade, a fight ensued, and we were all very scared, but now he's gone, come everyone, let us run into the mess and block that git who is trying to get his hands on the bow in the rubble."

A big confrontation with the Night Masks wouldn't be wrong either. I have wondered about them ever since I killed Sarevoks two hired goons in the Undercellar back in old good BG.

Edited by Hide and Seek, 08 May 2006 - 06:28 AM.

Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#103 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:02 PM

Killing random people.... no, that is just chaotic and I need not code for that... Will look into the other two request. Namely Night Knives (I mean you mean those for there is also a link with Mae'Var there) and killing that pesty halfling IronOx mentioned.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#104 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:16 AM

Killing random people.... no, that is just chaotic and I need not code for that... Will look into the other two request. Namely Night Knives (I mean you mean those for there is also a link with Mae'Var there) and killing that pesty halfling IronOx mentioned.

Ah well.. the idea about killing random people was just a dream of mine, not a request. I really hate them. :cheers: How goes the mod?
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#105 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:11 AM

See progress report, before we go OT ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#106 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:55 AM

If you want to kill folks in the Copper Coronet, Gate usually works for me...

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#107 Proteus_za

Proteus_za
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

It would be a major revision, and need tons of work.

But...

What if the player character didnt care about Imoen? What if he only cared about revenge against irenicus?

I guess much of the path of the game would be the same, you would only change the dialogue options from, "I need information on a girl that was taken by the cowled wizards.", to "I want to murder a powerful sorceror."

Oh and what if you could attack the cowled wizards directly and force them to tell you where imoen is and take you to her?

If you so happened to be a bhaalspawn of immense power, and maybe capable of casting timestop and improved alacrity while wearing a robe of vecna, those wizards might have to take you seriously.

#108 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

Sorry, if it had been already mentioned, but...

The war against Harpers would be good addition. I've really got tired of Jaheira raping my mind by talking constantly about "balance", "good" and other such garbage.
And, of course, helping drow against elves. Or, at least, more hostile way to deal with insolent Elhan. Who is he to force Viconia to swear a Geas, or to threaten me, a powerful son of Bhaal? Nobody but a kamikaze.

Edited by GeN1e, 17 September 2006 - 02:53 PM.

Retired from modding.

#109 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

@Proteus_za: The game itself has already dialogue options were you can constantly choose that you want to find the wizard and don't care for the girl, for instant with Gaelan Bayle. It is a little underrepresented and adding a few lines here and there is fine, but that is all I reckon it needs. Such lines are more or less there. Take a good look, but a few additions is not too bad.

In the beginning of the game you don't have that power. I never got time-stop before I went on to Spellhold. Come on... you got revenge to do. No wasting time.

@GeN1e both of the mentioned things will be given attention (at least that is the planning)

#110 Radiant_Servant_of_Pelor

Radiant_Servant_of_Pelor
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:18 AM

For the modders of MftW. I posted this in another thread anout the good vs evil dilemma. I have edited that response to give you some insights" I hope this helps.
BTW I can get you a pdf pf the Ravenloft material. Just email me.

***WARNING: SOME SPOILERS HERE***
There is an inherent reason, though unseen, for this leaning towards good versus evil. We as humans, especially in the free world, are taught to be law abiding citizens. To care for the down trodden and to help those in need. Based on its description, Evil persons do not care about such things. Laws are there to be exploited. The weak meant to serve or to be prey. In it's original inception, and subsequent growth, the PnP version of D&D has always been about good vs evil. When TSR released Ravenloft, it was a valiant attempt at seeing the world from Evil's perspective. If the MFTW wants a base to draw from, look at some of the old Ravenloft material. I ran a group of people through some of Ravenloft's material. It was a real eye-opener. Our playing group decided that evil party members were just not acceptable.

It is true that the game is fantasy, and should allow for the full spectrum of alignment choices. I for one, would like to see better handling of the XP and outcome based on the character's alignment. True role-playing should emulate this process. Perhaps the mod creators of the Mod For the Wicked will give some good thought on what it means to be evil. Examples of such would be Hitler, Khan, Stalin, Bin Laden, Sex slave rings, drug cartels, etc. It is not an easy task. We can get so caught up in the wholesale slaughter aspect, that the underlying reasons for being evil are forgotten. The 3.0 version of Ravenloft tried to convey what the evil roots were. Ask yourself "Why am I evil?" Several reasons are;
Poor childhood (not the case with the protagonist in BG)
Poverty
Bullying and having to toughen up
Wealthy, and seemingly no rules (can buy or extort your way out of things)
Desire for unbridled power
Really think about the alignment descriptions. The most difficult for any of us to run properly is Chaotic Evil. A complete disregard for anything, often even ourselves. Close on the heels of that are Chaotic Neutral.

The game was made for the protagonist to be the hero. Anti heroism is woven within it, just with more subtlety. The PC is set against the taint within. Look at how the NPC reactions are devised and you can see that. An evil person most likely is not concerned for Imoen, rather the revenge against Irenicus.

For the modders of MftW I say, check the Ravenloft material. There is a wealth of information there on playing evil.

#111 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

Thank you dark chef. I am in the possession of, and have played within, the Ravenloft setting. I also own the Fiend Folio, Books of Fiends, Book of Vile Darkness, Libris Mortis, Necrmonicon, Demonology, Black magic, and some more third party related stuff... as main writer I shall try and do my best, as I am sure the other writer(s) shall do. Thank you for your interest.

#112 Vasculio

Vasculio
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:29 AM

Thank you dark chef. I am in the possession of, and have played within, the Ravenloft setting. I also own the Fiend Folio, Books of Fiends, Book of Vile Darkness, Libris Mortis, Necrmonicon, Demonology, Black magic, and some more third party related stuff... as main writer I shall try and do my best, as I am sure the other writer(s) shall do. Thank you for your interest.

I heard good stuff about the Book of Vile Darkness...
Jaheira- You are amusing, in a "what the hell is wrong with you" kind of way.
Montaron- Ye live longer if ye don't annoy me. Mayhaps even a week or more.

#113 Radiant_Servant_of_Pelor

Radiant_Servant_of_Pelor
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

No problem. I'd be happy to help where I can. I have all the D&D stuff on pdf. If you need anything let me know. I really would like to see a mod for the wicked, that isn't watered down goodness. What if the character plans his/her ascension similar (with better results) than Sarevok. What better justice than to have Sarevok be your lackey. I like LE or NE but the game lacks support for it. I would tend to choose something LE for the control factor, and the somewhat meglomaniac feel. Any romances should go with it too. Just some random thoughts.

#114 Arcalian

Arcalian
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Well I hope this mod still comes to fruition, as I too am one who always has been looking for more evil options, ever since I got the first evil Bhaalspawn dream way back in BG1.

Certainly I am going to download Ariena for my next BG2 run through. At this point, that party is still in Cloakwood in BG1. I note with annoyance it is Win Rar, though. Have to download that thing to my computer again. Sigh. Anyhow, that party will not really be evil per se, but will certainly be morally ambiguous. Areina will fit in nicely.

Which leads to my first question. Will Ariena, by herself, conflict with the Angelo mod from G3? So far as you know?

Also, none of the readme links for Ariena work; they all say "page cannot be found", which is part of why I am asking these annoying questions here.

I notice you continually say no to Bhodi as an npc, and those that do want her in the party seem married to the notion of sacrificing Imoen in order to get her. Frankly, I don't get that. I'd much rather corrupt Imoen than sacrifice her. But really, I see no reason in the world why Bhodi wouldn't be summonable from the fate statues in TOB. Valen, while a fun mod, showed how NOT to create a vampire npc. Bhodi could be done correctly. As for romance? What romance? She's an evil vampire tart; romance doesn't come into it, the occasional sexual tryst will serve just fine. :grin: Of course, I can have her in the party now with Clua and control-q; but she can't level up. Maybe making control-q monsters able to gain xp and level up could be tweaked in somehow?

So this Kirinhale is a succubus and a "love" interest, hmmm? See above paragraph about Bhodi and romance and apply it to Kirinhale just as well. Having said that, I am interested in her powers/class. Will she be a unique "succubus" class or will it break down in game terms to some kind of figher/cleric/mage combination?

Also I am VERY excited by the notion of Montaron as a party member. At this point evil paties have NO theif at all, unless the PC plays one and then you are forced to side with the Shadow thieves, bleahhhh. Even my good characters side with Bhodi "by mistake".

One suggestion I might make regarding taking Bhodi's side is, when Bhodi says you must choose which task for her side, why not ask to take both? Might help a little bit with people who complain about Bhodi having less xp. Though that's never really troubled me.

#115 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Well I hope this mod still comes to fruition, as I too am one who always has been looking for more evil options, ever since I got the first evil Bhaalspawn dream way back in BG1.

Certainly I am going to download Ariena for my next BG2 run through. At this point, that party is still in Cloakwood in BG1. I note with annoyance it is Win Rar, though. Have to download that thing to my computer again. Sigh. Anyhow, that party will not really be evil per se, but will certainly be morally ambiguous. Areina will fit in nicely.

Which leads to my first question. Will Ariena, by herself, conflict with the Angelo mod from G3? So far as you know?

I reckon you mean banter? As in talk with one another. Than no such things are for the Cross-mod banter pack of G3 to which Ariena does not belong yet.

Also, none of the readme links for Ariena work; they all say "page cannot be found", which is part of why I am asking these annoying questions here.

Hm, will need to change that than.

I notice you continually say no to Bhodi as an npc, and those that do want her in the party seem married to the notion of sacrificing Imoen in order to get her. Frankly, I don't get that. I'd much rather corrupt Imoen than sacrifice her. But really, I see no reason in the world why Bhodi wouldn't be summonable from the fate statues in TOB. Valen, while a fun mod, showed how NOT to create a vampire npc. Bhodi could be done correctly. As for romance? What romance? She's an evil vampire tart; romance doesn't come into it, the occasional sexual tryst will serve just fine. :grin: Of course, I can have her in the party now with Clua and control-q; but she can't level up. Maybe making control-q monsters able to gain xp and level up could be tweaked in somehow?

Sorry, but I ain't going to do this. It breaks the story up way too much and I have loads of work already.

So this Kirinhale is a succubus and a "love" interest, hmmm? See above paragraph about Bhodi and romance and apply it to Kirinhale just as well. Having said that, I am interested in her powers/class. Will she be a unique "succubus" class or will it break down in game terms to some kind of figher/cleric/mage combination?

She will have unique abilities and will be a sorcerer. I will not say more at the moment as I am unsure to the will of my partner on

this project to give these spoilers.

Also I am VERY excited by the notion of Montaron as a party member. At this point evil paties have NO theif at all, unless the PC plays one and then you are forced to side with the Shadow thieves, bleahhhh. Even my good characters side with Bhodi "by mistake".

One suggestion I might make regarding taking Bhodi's side is, when Bhodi says you must choose which task for her side, why not ask to take both? Might help a little bit with people who complain about Bhodi having less xp. Though that's never really troubled me.

Possible, but I reckon it not necessary at first for sure. The new quest should remedy quite a bit.

#116 Arcalian

Arcalian
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

I reckon you mean banter? As in talk with one another. Than no such things are for the Cross-mod banter pack of G3 to which Ariena does not belong yet.

No, I mean, there's nothing in Ariena's coding that messes up the Angelo mod, and nothing in Angelo's coding that messes up the Areina mod? No mod conflict between them that causes one or the other to not work/crash?

I have no problem with them not talking to eachother; each of them has plenty to say to other people, from what I can see of Ariena and what I've already played of Angelo.

#117 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

No, I mean, there's nothing in Ariena's coding that messes up the Angelo mod, and nothing in Angelo's coding that messes up the Areina mod? No mod conflict between them that causes one or the other to not work/crash?

I have no problem with them not talking to eachother; each of them has plenty to say to other people, from what I can see of Ariena and what I've already played of Angelo.

Both are WeiDu mods and have their own prefix. There should be no problems.

#118 Paareth

Paareth
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

NPC mods are usually quite conflict free (usually) but take a look at the big world project if you ever want some confirmation as its got a very helpful install order, which is useful even if you only have a couple of mods installed all the way through a few dozen.

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=29916

The PDF has saved me a lot of headaches, NPC's have their own section but you'll see instruction to install some of the NPC's after the others.

Edited by Paareth, 06 September 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#119 elvendur

elvendur
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

idea:

if you have 'good alignment' pc's in the party, and a 'evil' person, the evil (or good) could try to assassinate or hinder a person during Rest hours? they could become a side-quest boss after killing a member and you want revenge, so you track him/her down.

original post was just attempt assassinations during rest. XD

#120 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

idea:

if you have 'good alignment' pc's in the party, and a 'evil' person, the evil (or good) could try to assassinate or hinder a person during Rest hours? they could become a side-quest boss after killing a member and you want revenge, so you track him/her down.

original post was just attempt assassinations during rest. XD

'Just' assassinations are already incorporate, as are fights; which leads to the other being able to be sent away or not... never used that as a revenge idea. Might be nice, but than the PC has to be really passionate for one and dislike the other. I can not just decide that so I wonder how to measure that in game.