• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:01 PM

Hi Sir BillyBob,

Congrats for this nice mod, I really enjoyed plaing through it the last few days. Some minor quirks here and there, but overall it was pretty solid :thumb:

I've found one serious error though: The 'heavy fog' spell will cause a CTD once you put it into your spellbook and rest. Removing it from the book helps, but might be better to remove it from the game ;)

Apart from this I only think there is a bit too much loot available, especially all those spell books - but as you can see, I couldn't resist to learn them all :)

Keep up the good work!

Yacomo

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:04 AM

Hi Sir BillyBob,

Congrats for this nice mod, I really enjoyed plaing through it the last few days. Some minor quirks here and there, but overall it was pretty solid  :thumb:

I've found one serious error though: The 'heavy fog' spell will cause a CTD once you put it into your spellbook and rest. Removing it from the book helps, but might be better to remove it from the game  ;)

Apart from this I only think there is a bit too much loot available, especially all those spell books - but as you can see, I couldn't resist to learn them all  :)

Keep up the good work!

Yacomo

View Post

I noted this bug as a BP one. Does SOBH actually add Heavy Fog? If not, then if you are running S&H Patch 6, then the spell hasn't been fixed yet.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hi Sir BillyBob,

Congrats for this nice mod, I really enjoyed plaing through it the last few days. Some minor quirks here and there, but overall it was pretty solid  :thumb:

I've found one serious error though: The 'heavy fog' spell will cause a CTD once you put it into your spellbook and rest. Removing it from the book helps, but might be better to remove it from the game  ;)

Apart from this I only think there is a bit too much loot available, especially all those spell books - but as you can see, I couldn't resist to learn them all  :)

Keep up the good work!

Yacomo

View Post

I noted this bug as a BP one. Does SOBH actually add Heavy Fog? If not, then if you are running S&H Patch 6, then the spell hasn't been fixed yet.

View Post

Unfortunately I do not remember where I exactly I found it, but I found it somewhere in Bonehill, I gues it was in one of those spellbooks. I do have S&Hv6 installed, but it's still the buggy one with Sime's Wolf in it. And I also have Exnem installed, so maybe that interfered somehow.

#4 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

I belive Heavy Fog is a TDD spell

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:00 AM

Heavy Fog is a TDD spell. I did not make any new spells for this mod. All I did was put all the TDD scrolls into a book. Mainly because I hardly ever saw them in a BP game. I know they existed but I couldn't find most of the ones that I saw in the game files. I wanted a way to get them so I could start using them myself.

In version 1.8 of BoneHill (one I am working on now), the book is gone. It is still in the game but you would have to CLUA it in if you want to cheat. Lazarus will sell all of the spells. I have removed the ability to steal from him (to stop Horred the thief <_< ) and jacked his prices up. I will probably remove some of the high level spells also.

I realize for game balance, a shop shouldn't carry items that you are too low level to have. But that is the same as saying you can't go into a Jaguar car store because you can't afford one. You can always window shop and dream. Perhaps Lazarus has one or two items that you really want to spend your money on. If your party can hord their money to buy that item, they should be able to do it. They shouldn't be allowed to run amuck and steal his store. Cheaters will always cheat in the game. I am not going to design my mods to stop them. It isn't worth my time. Hell, I sometimes do it too.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website