• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:19 AM

As soon as I started my enormous BP-BGT-NeJ-SoS-TDD-TS-CtB-BH I just want one simple thing right now - to make it bug-free-fine-looking-best-adventure-of-all-times.

So I've started from the beginning (BG1 parts) and most obvious things - BoneHill mod that is very good but desperately needed to be refined a little keeping in mind all those strange looking 100% "transparent" walls, cloned background patterns, "all-black" shadows etc.

So, here it is - BH refinements that include:
- 2 .tis's for the most graphically "problematic" areas BH0100 and BH0200 (at least a lighthouse HAS a shadow now ;) ),
- fixed walls regions for all custom-made areas,
- fixed auxillary maps (light, search and height) for all custom-made areas,
- fixed or redrawn minimaps (there were several corrupted or "waterless" .mos's).

I hope this will be usefull... :)

I haven't touched anything from scripts, dialogs etc. - only visual aspects...

http://www.risingforce.ru/fix/bh.rar

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:21 AM

Cool! Thanks.

Edit: What do you use to make MOS files with water on them? IETME seems to build the MOS file based on the blank TIS file. I haven't been able to get DLTCEP to build a MOS file correctly yet. I keep getting a MOS that is black with a line of tiles running down the middle of the screen.

If you want to fix another, there is a bad MOS file for area BH0500 (the castle). IETME keeps corrupting the back side of the castle walls. The TIS is fine, just the MOS.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 09 January 2005 - 09:28 AM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

Just got a chance to really look at these. Way cool. I will work on the dialog fixes and add the areas to the worldmap. At that point, I should be ready to finalize this mod for biffing.

Classic Adventures

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1417 posts

Donator

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:29 PM

Thanks King Diamond and Sir BillyBob for your precious work! :) Way to go,guys!! :hug:

#5 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

Edit:  What do you use to make MOS files with water on them?  IETME seems to build the MOS file based on the blank TIS file.  I haven't been able to get DLTCEP to build a MOS file correctly yet.  I keep getting a MOS that is black with a line of tiles running down the middle of the screen.

If you want to fix another, there is a bad MOS file for area BH0500 (the castle).  IETME keeps corrupting the back side of the castle walls.  The TIS is fine, just the MOS.

View Post

For MOS - Photoshop :D
BH0500 - already done and it is in the archive, u just missed it :)

P.S. Sorry, guys, but my site (www.risingforce.ru) is currently unaccessible due to DNS problems. I hope it'll be available in a couple of days.... really disappointing... :(

Edited by King Diamond, 13 January 2005 - 01:21 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#6 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:32 AM

Your site is up and running again. I downloaded the file without any problems.

#7 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:48 AM

Your site is up and running again.  I downloaded the file without any problems.

View Post

:thumb:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:13 AM

P.S. Sorry, guys, but my site (www.risingforce.ru) is currently unaccessible due to DNS problems. I hope it'll be available in a couple of days.... really disappointing...  :(

View Post

Don't worry, your fixes will be in the next release. That should help make things easier on everyone. I just saw BH0500's MOS, very nice.

I have no idea how to use PhotoShop or any of that fancy graphics stuff. If I can't do it in MS Paint, it simply doesn't get done. I just wish I could figure out what is wrong with IETME, it used to work fine. Maybe too many tiles in the subdirectories? Whatever. I'll reinstall it later on. Right now, the new areas of Garrotten are going to have no water overlays on them (there is a lake on one area). I will just have to paint the lake blue like IWD does it.

Classic Adventures

#9 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:33 AM

I just wish I could figure out what is wrong with IETME, it used to work fine.  Maybe too many tiles in the subdirectories?  Whatever.  I'll reinstall it later on.  Right now, the new areas of Garrotten are going to have no water overlays on them (there is a lake on one area).  I will just have to paint the lake blue like IWD does it.

I think the problem is not in IETME but in the BGT set of areas that is a base for custom made ones (mostly...). Part of them somehow broken and it produced all the troubles. And it corresponds not only to .tis's but to .wed's as well (they have INVALID alternate tiles references sometime as it was in BG sewer area). Newly recreated in IETME overlays are always correct. But still, if someone uses BGT map as a base, the following steps must be made:

1) if there's a trouble with overlays - remove all of them and save the area
2) check area's .wed in DLTCEP for unused overlays references in the tileset (Edit wed - Edit tiles- Unused overlays button will help) - save .wed
3) once again open thearea in IETME and create a new overlay that will be correct.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#10 worrow

worrow
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:49 AM

Thank you to both of you! :thumb: :thumb:

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

I think the problem is not in IETME but in the BGT set of areas that is a base for custom made ones (mostly...). Part of them somehow broken and it produced all the troubles. And it corresponds not only to .tis's but to .wed's as well (they have INVALID alternate tiles references sometime as it was in BG sewer area). Newly recreated in IETME overlays are always correct. But still, if someone uses BGT map as a base, the following steps must be made:

1) if there's a trouble with overlays - remove all of them and save the area
2) check area's  .wed in DLTCEP for unused overlays references in the tileset (Edit wed - Edit tiles- Unused overlays button will help) - save .wed
3) once again open thearea in IETME and create a new overlay that will be correct.

View Post

I thought so too, but Garrotten is a completely new area and the water overlay was corrupt on any blocks that had items in them like trees or a dock. If the block is solid, I don't have any problems, if it is only a partial fill, IETME has problems. I didn't have this issue with Restenford or any of the areas in BoneHill. Garrotten was the first time I saw this. Then when I built the CtB compatibility mod, I saw this again. Now it is consistant.

One limitation of IETME I did find was that you can't make an area at full size, 60x80. It has to be one tile smaller both directions. This was one of the last tidbits of info I got from TeamBG. So Garrotten is smaller as is Restenford. I don't know if that plays into the problems I am having with the CtB areas.

Classic Adventures