Download

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest_kinneer_*-

-Guest_kinneer_*-

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:30 AM

Is there a reliable download site ? I tried the mirrors and main site. All just stops after downloading a few percent of the file.

Thanks.

#2 mago del gato

mago del gato
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:42 AM

i need to know this too, as I can't get speeds of more than 5 kps at either the homepage or the wizard's mirror, and sometimes it doesn't work at all :(

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:16 AM

there have been a number of reports recently of ppl having problems with the mirrors - but no problems have been reported with the mirrors themselves. the best bet would be to use either an FTP client, or a download manager like FlashGet or GetRight.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:44 PM

In my knowledge The Wizard's Mirror can get speeds up to 50 kB/s, which is as fast my ADSL router can go, but it seems to depend on the time of day. Most of the time it hangs around 5 kB and even 0 kB. It looks like more of a busy thing than a limit they set. But trust me, it is worth the wait. Set rollback kB if using a download manager to a fair amount to avoid corruption if you want to be safe.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 lennon

lennon
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:38 AM

Last time a had such a problem, (NWN) it was my Windows download settings which closed the connection over dial up.

Obviously if you're using adsl & LAN connections this error won't apply, but it maybe your download s/w.

#6 kellyber

kellyber
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:54 PM

This is really frustrating. I have older CTB game files, and never did get it to work. I have heard a lot of realy great things about this MOD and now i cant get the latest... no matter bandlwidth (ADSL to T1) or time of day, i get less than 5k throughput on the download and it always dies before 1M. :crying:

#7 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:53 AM

This is really frustrating. I have older CTB game files, and never did get it to work. I have heard a lot of realy great things about this MOD and now i cant get the latest... no matter bandlwidth (ADSL to T1) or time of day, i get less than 5k throughput on the download and it always dies before 1M.  :crying:

View Post

I had the same problem and downloaded Internet Download Manager. After it's installed and started up you click on the link and let it do the download for you. It's easy to use and I went up from around 2.5k to 60k with an average around 30k. And not one download died on me.

You can find a trial version of Internet Download Manager here. I don't know if it will work but you can always give it a try.

#8 kellyber

kellyber
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:14 AM

This is really frustrating. I have older CTB game files, and never did get it to work. I have heard a lot of realy great things about this MOD and now i cant get the latest... no matter bandlwidth (ADSL to T1) or time of day, i get less than 5k throughput on the download and it always dies before 1M.  :crying:

View Post

I had the same problem and downloaded Internet Download Manager. After it's installed and started up you click on the link and let it do the download for you. It's easy to use and I went up from around 2.5k to 60k with an average around 30k. And not one download died on me.

You can find a trial version of Internet Download Manager here. I don't know if it will work but you can always give it a try.

View Post

:w00t:
Your kung-fu is powerful indeed! This download manager works (i tried 2 others to no avail). It does conflect with the Google Desktop Search (PC w/XP Pro/Mozilla [latest build])- but you can just disable that for the duration.
Thanks much!

#9 -The_Folex-

-The_Folex-

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

Heh, should of read this topic before I posted earlier. That download manager does help a lot, though its going to take about 5 hours to download the core files :angry: .... only the few who are fully devoted to BGII would endure this, but I have no doubt it will be worth it.

#10 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:52 AM

It said that in the beginning too but I let it run and the core file was downloaded in less than 3 hours with the speed steadily building up. Besided this I have also downloaded and successfully installed BP-BGT-NEJ, NEJ patch 1.4, BP_s_and_h_patch 4, Check the Bodies, BG1NPCBGT, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Secret of BoneHill, ease of use and item upgrade.

All of this downloaded within one night, just started it up before going to bed and when I woke up it was all finished. So don't let the 5 hours put you off and just go for it.