Preview of Sequel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

Here is a teaser for you. I haven't finished building out the full town, but here is the first area you will enter of Garrotten.

Attached Images

• BH2000.jpg

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:18 AM

So, will the sequel be in BGT, SOA or TOB? Where do you see the entry point of the sequel?

#3 -quest-

-quest-

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

Here is a teaser for you.  I haven't finished building out the full town, but here is the first area you will enter of Garrotten.

I Love it so far, you are really great IMO. Thanks for all thats been done. :thumbsup:

#4 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:24 AM

So, will the sequel be in BGT, SOA or TOB?  Where do you see the entry point of the sequel?

Well, the ideal point would be before you actually leave Restenford. I don't doubt Sir BB is up to the task, but the original adventure set in Garrotten was designed for characters of roughly 3rd to 5th level, so scaling up for even a SoA level challenge would require quite a redesign.

If it were my project, I'd probably have the baron throw a feast in the PC's honor after the existing subplots are resolved. That night, while the party sleeps, something happens, and one consequence of that event involves Pelltar asking the PC's to visit Garrotten to check some things out.

Yeah, I'm being vague, but I neither know what Sir BB has planned nor want to spoil anything, so I'm sure you'll understand.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:19 AM

The sequel will happen during the BGT part of the game. Otherwise, the Tutu players would get kind of screwed out of the sequel. Also, as mentioned, the second mod is designed for level 2-5. I have raised the XP levels of many of the people you meet.

This mod is more of a mystery/problem solving mod than it is a fighting mod. Your quest requires stealth, thoughtful responses and some trickery on your part. You can't let the people of Garrotten know why you are there but you need to pull information out of some of the people.

As a "real" mod, L2 is actually very short. I plan to supplement the story with some outdoor areas for you to explore. Garrotten has a tribe of orcs that raid it once in awhile, so you may get some support from the mayor if you help with the orcs. Also, the fishermen claim that something has been attacking their boats. So you may need to investigate that as well.

I have several other ideas to help flesh out this mod. Your main quest should be done before the rest of the side quests. Outside of that, I haven't gotten far enough into this to figure out what all I will include.

Lastly, the plan right now is to have you return to Restenford right after you exit the Candlekeep crypts or before you talk to the smuggler to get you back into BG. The other option is to make this a quest from Belt like the TofSC quests are. But that is a problem with the Tutu players also since they don't do these quests the same way.

Oh yeah, and you still have to have that last meeting with Shaggy about the staff.

Classic Adventures

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:28 AM

Sir BB, i'm so impressed: not only do you pump out mods, fixes and conversions faster than i can even *think* about doing so, but you make area-making look easy...

one day - hopefully soon - i'll have a putie capable of running BP-BGT-NEJ. until then, i might have to go over to the dark side and install Tutu, just so i can play SoBH and sequel.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:58 PM

Okay, redid the area to make it larger. The open area near the center has some fenced areas for livestock (hard to see on this map). There are some open areas still but I don't want to keep using the same houses. I may put more trees there or some rocks. I still have to put the doors onto the map (I hate doors). I have the next area done as well; that is the keep for the mayor and some minor little things. That should finish the town I think. I still have two more outside areas I am planning (not town related). If I get the go ahead for another project, this may seat until after the holidays.

Attached Images

• BH2000.jpg

Classic Adventures

#8 worrow

worrow
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:04 PM

Could you tell me what is the title of this sequel? Is it based on a classic module?

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:39 AM

Yes, it is the L2 module, The Assassin's Knot. This is the PnP sequel to L1, The Secret of BoneHill. I will make some changes since you can't match the paper modules directly to the BG engine, and I want to keep you on your toes. But I will follow the storyline as close as possible.

Classic Adventures