Photo

Need help icewind 1 glitch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:56 AM

I started a new game after re-installing iwd and how as well as a patch or 2. When I get to the cutscene before kuldahar pass the game wigs out. I can only make the text box bigger/smaller. Any suggestions?

#2 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:41 PM

Also I was wondering if there's a way to save my game file to a floppy disk, or if I should leave it on the hard drive. I don't think it matters but i'm playing in full mode with 1patch and i think i downloaded a mod off of sorcerers.net. Any help would be largely appreciated.

#3 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

Also I was wondering if there's a way to save my game file to a floppy disk, or if I should leave it on the hard drive. I don't think it matters but i'm playing in full mode with 1patch and i think i downloaded a mod off of sorcerers.net. Any help would be largely appreciated.

View Post

To move your save to a disk, just go to your Black Isle/IWD/Save folder, copy the save file and paste it on your disk. If you try to use it on an install that doesn't have the same mods, you might have some glitches, but unless it's some major mod, don't worry about it.
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#4 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

Thanx Barren. I reinstalled iwd again and as much of a newb question as it is I need help with some zipped mods I got. Im new to modding so im not sure what to do now that I unzipped them. I need help regarding where to put them. One is the iwd1 ease of use of use pack, the second is thiwd trrainer =14, and the third is the bg1 & 2 character portraits. I got all 3 of these from sorcerers place.Thanx again.

#5 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:28 AM

thats the iwd trainer+14. oops. :bash:

#6 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:38 AM

Ease of Use is a Weidu mod, so just unzip it in your main IWD folder and run the EoU-Setup.exe file. For the portraits, just unzip them in your Portraits directory. Don't know about the trainer, try reading the readme.
Wondering where's the old Interplay community? Well, they're all at Ashford City!

#7 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:55 AM

I don't seem to have a portrait folder besides the bg mod. There's a character folder but that seems to be for saveng character kinds. ex. +FITCLER.CHR The ease of use mod is in my main iwd folder but there is no setup file. WTF. At this point I may just delete the mods and do without. not only that but when i copy my previous save to the save filein my main iwd folder it doesn't apear for me to load in game :bash: :bash: :bash:

#8 Barren Fischa

Barren Fischa

Coming...

• 365 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:11 PM

I don't seem to have a portrait folder besides the bg mod. There's a character folder but that seems to be for saveng character kinds. ex. +FITCLER.CHR

Just create a folder and name it portraits.

The ease of use mod is in my main iwd folder but there is no setup file. WTF. At this point I may just delete the mods and do without.

From http://pageperso.aol...D1-ease-1d1.txt :
Unzip the pack directly into your main IWD1 folder (don't create additional folders!) and run
Setup-IWD1-ease-1d1 command file to install and uninstall (some components of) the patch.

not only that but when i copy my previous save to the save filein my main iwd folder it doesn't apear for me to load in game :bash:  :bash:  :bash:

View Post

Copy it in your IWD/Saves folder.

#9 Desolate

Desolate
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

I'll try the portraits asap.

As for the previous save I only have a tempsave folder so i'll do like the portraits and create a new folder.

when i unzip the mods using winzip it just creates a new folder with the mod readme etc in a new folder so i coppied that folder into my iwd folder.

Are you saying I should copy it piece by peice or what?

When i try to run it/open it it gives me the following error

[C:/ Program Files/Black Isle/Icewind Dale/Setup-IWD-ease-1d1] 117

**ERROR**
[SETUP-IWD-EASE-1D1] Not found. Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and that you are not trying to run this file inside the archive.

Thanx for all the help btw.

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:35 AM

When you unzip the mod and get the new folder, copy the files from the new folder to [C:/ Program Files/Black Isle/Icewind Dale] and run the mod installer.