Photo

fabio's lute

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

I think their might be something wrong with this item. Granted, I am not using Fabio, however, I do have a bard (keiria) that is able to equip the item. But, whenever I attempt to use any of the special powers, the text "Item drained" is printed to the console and nothing else happens (no sound, no effect). Further, the Item disappears from the quick button list on the very first use. I took a brief look at the item in NI and cant see anything off the bat, but I have noticed that one of the effects is a wav playing. I never hear that...wonder if the wav file is missing. Maybe look more later.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:41 PM

I must say this is a really weird one. The lute is a modified version of one you get from SoS (I think it is an item you steal from Ribald). So I just added the ability to cast confusion. The lute was supposed to already cast Dire Charm. However, since I looked into it, yes, the WAV file is missing and has always been missing. So I extracted it from my IWD game and I also fixed some errors in the charm casting.

The lute can now cast Dire Charm once per day. The other ability is to cast an area confusion spell. I just copied all the effects from the harp that has this ability. It still doesn't work. So now I need to see if the harp ever worked correctly. I am not sure what else to do other than give it a different ability.

I will keep working on it. I have several fixes for BH (mostly dialogs) that I hope to get into a patch soon.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website