Photo

Chloe Negative Plane Protection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jewish

Jewish
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:46 AM

I have made a quick search on these forums and googled aswell, but I still haven't found any feedback reagarding this subject.

Lathandar's Flame negative plane protection does not work when selected, the character attemps to do the action, but it never happens. Also Akadia's Wrath protection from blindness icon does not appear in Chloe's portrait, not sure if this is intended tho, true is that Chloe has not been under the effects of blindness so far.

Chloe only has used her own weapons.
Any idea why this happens?

#2 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

The weapons in version 1.2 are broken. Fixed versions are in my local version along with a few other small bug fixes but I was waiting for another translation to be finished to include in the 1.3 version... though it looks like I shouldn't have waited in hindsight, since it's been a long time and no translations are close to being finished. When I have time perhaps I'll put together the 1.3 patch and release it.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#3 Jewish

Jewish
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:53 AM

Perhaps I could fix it for my local version aswell, if you post what I should tweak to have the weapons working correctly, of course.

Using Near Infinity I have found the .ITM files assigned to her weapons, but I'd preffer to not toy with them too much. They seem to have the inmunities and abilities properly assigned tho.

#4 Ieldra

Ieldra
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:05 PM

Perhaps I could fix it for my local version aswell, if you post what I should tweak to have the weapons working correctly, of course.

I second that. I've just started a game with Chloe and having this effect functional would be a great boon in a game with all those improved vampires, not to speak of Bodhi...

#5 Jewish

Jewish
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:46 AM

I think it works for me now.
The spell assigned to Chloe's sword has 0% probability and unknown (0) target.
I changed them with NI to 100% chance and targetself (1) respectively, and it works.

There is another bug with her weapons tho, and this one I have not the slightest clue of how to fix it. After a fight with a Lich where Chloe got mazed, her main-hand weapon icon (Wrath of Akadia) dissapeared from her weapon slot, and whenever I try to remove or swap it in the inventory window, the game says "Magical Item Equiped" and refuses to select the weapon. When I have a spell such as melf's minute meteors, etc... in my mage, it says the same, but in Chloe this is confusing as she is no mage of sorts.

Well, I hope you release the 1.3 someday :-)

#6 Jewish

Jewish
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

There is another bug with her weapons tho, and this one I have not the slightest clue of how to fix it. After a fight with a Lich where Chloe got mazed, her main-hand weapon icon (Wrath of Akadia) dissapeared from her weapon slot, and whenever I try to remove or swap it in the inventory window, the game says "Magical Item Equiped" and refuses to select the weapon. When I have a spell such as melf's minute meteors, etc... in my mage, it says the same, but in Chloe this is confusing as she is no mage of sorts.

Sorry my mistake, this is no bug related to Chloe's weapons.

I have investigated a bit, and she had a magically created item in her hands called IMPRISONMENT.ITM, product of the lich maze spell seems (I used freedom to get her out). This may be related to the imprisonment fix from tb#mod, or perhaps not. In any case, I have fixed it for now.

*sigh* I ought to do a full reinstall after completing the game. Damn, when did I open the box of bugs?

#7 -H-Lo-

-H-Lo-

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

I spent some hours of frustration and cursing editing the items in NearInfinity. Most of the effects can be fixed and/or copied and pasted from other items (through trial and error, anyway), though I can't find a luck effect for the final off-hand weapon without making it charge-based (but I haven't looked too thoroughly). In any case, I ended up changing the items slightly.

Well, if someone wants the .itm files or something (and hopefully the creator won't object), let me know, though I suppose the creator could do the same?. I wouldn't think it would be a problem to overwrite the items into the chloe/items folder and reinstall the mod, or even to overwrite them into the override folder (I believe thats where the item files are located), though that creates weidu-incooperativeness with the dialog strings.

*I want to thank Minsc for selflessly (*ahem*) volunteering to take the hits from Chloe's blades while I tested the changes. He was quite surprised sometimes, when the stun effect wouldn't go away even after 24 hours. But it all worked out in the end...