Photo

BGMAIN.EXE meets the tin woodsman

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 -sheol16-

-sheol16-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:50 PM

I apologize the most, since it is I who mentioned it first. I now know that you don't allow these things, and that explains why my other post of it, wherever it was, got locked. Oh well, won't kill me to keep switching disks.

#42 -sheol16-

-sheol16-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:52 PM

you know, i tried to stop the topic. I said

oh, well i guess i won't mention it again

#43 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:50 AM

Chevar - More then 6 party members.

Summons are ported over when you go in or out of buildings/other areas (sorta like familiars). You can do something of the sort by ordering them to attack you just before you enter, but it's annoying, and doesn't always work.
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#44 -sheol16-

-sheol16-

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:27 PM

i agree with the over 6 party member limit, but how would the npcs be displayed on the main screen, you would have to shrink the pictures, and that would add extra work, maybe an extra mod. and then, it should be no more than eight.
I think that's a perfect number

#45 psiclops

psiclops

Where we go from here is ^2u.

• 330 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:38 PM

It's mentioned in the thread titled, 'Frequently Occurring Ideas'. :)
Too interesting to be described in three words - Watch me 1-up Einstein.

The Darkish Day - Tome of Wisdom (+3). Armageddon XIII. ©Alltime - GOD.

Western - LEO (Leo Aspect (Cnjt)). Eastern - Dragon (Element - Fire). Acronymizing UPD8!!!!!!.

Fravia ... || || || ... "Some sections of this lore will remain closed to you until you develop your egoistical searcher's Heijoshin into a more capable ethical seekers' Fudoshin" - © 3rd Millennium: [fravia+], all rights reserved. (APC - 3 Libras). Go6gle.

#46 -sheol16-

-sheol16-

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:05 AM

hey, i was just going off of the last post.

when you click on a race, will you be able to make the subraces appear, like kits.

has that been mentioned already

#47 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:57 AM

True dual classing rules. IE, being able to dual-class anything into anything (provided you met the requirements), and being able to dual several times. A human NG Thief/Bard/Ranger should be possible.

I completely agree with that, and maybe increasing party size? But I think you need the source code for that one :(
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#48 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:59 AM

You can't dual-class from any class to any other class in 2E, even if you meet the requirements. IIRC prohibited classes are any that are in the same group, i.e. warrior (fighter, ranger, paladin), rogue (thief, bard), wizard (mage, the various speciality wizards) and priest (cleric, druid, monk, etc).

Also, certain classes (e.g. paladin) cannot be dualled to or from at all, and certain classes (e.g. thief and ranger) are incompatible even though they're from different groups.

In other words, fighter/rangers, thief/bards, invoker/illusionists and cleric/druids aren't allowed, and dual-classing more than three times is impossible.

Of course, there are a few legal combinations that aren't available in BG2, such as the mage/druid.

#49 Vlasák

Vlasák
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:42 AM

You can't dual-class from any class to any other class in 2E, even if you meet the requirements. IIRC prohibited classes are any that are in the same group, i.e. warrior (fighter, ranger, paladin), rogue (thief, bard), wizard (mage, the various speciality wizards) and priest (cleric, druid, monk, etc).

Also, certain classes (e.g. paladin) cannot be dualled to or from at all, and certain classes (e.g. thief and ranger) are incompatible even though they're from different groups.

In other words, fighter/rangers, thief/bards, invoker/illusionists and cleric/druids aren't allowed, and dual-classing more than three times is impossible.

Of course, there are a few legal combinations that aren't available in BG2, such as the mage/druid.

Umm, Paladin can dual-class itself and non-paladin character can be dual-classed into paladin. PHB doesn't forbid it and The Complete Paladin's Handbook specify that paladin dual-class is allowed. There is no limit of number of possible dual-classing. And I'm not sure with the fact that dual-classing into same class group is really forbidden (can't get my PHB for the details now).
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!

#50 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:18 PM

True dual classing rules. IE, being able to dual-class anything into anything (provided you met the requirements), and being able to dual several times. A human NG Thief/Bard/Ranger should be possible.

I completely agree with that, and maybe increasing party size? But I think you need the source code for that one :(

Can't muck with the party size. There's no way for me to track that one down. I spent about 7 months trying. I even have a copy of a CHU file around here somewhere where an extra portrait socket is designated and placed.. it wont display it on the screen, and the exe say "don't think so!" tracking down the function call and altering the value would be real rough.... and as previously stated, you would need to modify the portrait sizes if you added more than one.

Edited by Chevar, 03 September 2004 - 10:19 PM.

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#51 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:38 AM

[Umm, Paladin can dual-class itself and non-paladin character can be dual-classed into paladin. PHB doesn't forbid it and The Complete Paladin's Handbook specify that paladin dual-class is allowed.

I forgot that there's an exception to the paladins can't dual-class rule, namely the cleric. Any "extra" classes that are added to the priest group (e.g. speciality priests, crusaders and monks) that aren't prohibited from being LG would be allowable as well.

Fighters and rangers are ruled out because they're part of the same group as paladins (i.e. warrior); thieves, bards and druids can't do it because of alignment conflicts (i.e. they can't be LG); and wizards because they can't wear armour.

I assumed this rule also applied to characters wishing to dual to paladin, but apparently I was wrong - any LG character other than a fighter or ranger (or any new class which is part of the warrior group) is eligible. However, there's the small matter that a character wishing to dual to a paladin would need to have an ability score of 17 in no less than four seperate stats, and 15 in their original class' prime requisite... ;)

There is no limit of number of possible dual-classing.

Sorry, but there is a limit to the number of times a character can dual-class. As I said, you can only dual-class to one class from each of the four groups, so therefore once a character has a class from each group, that's it. Of course, it's very unlikely a character would have the neccessary stats to even be able to dual-class twice anyway.

And I'm not sure with the fact that dual-classing into same class group is really forbidden (can't get my PHB for the details now).

The rule doesn't seem to be listed in the PHB or the DMHB, but I could swear I've seen it somewhere. Looking through the various Complete Handbooks, none of them list a class from the same group as a dualling possibility.

#52 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but dual-classing into kits would be cool, probably impossible, but cool
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#53 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:37 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but dual-classing into kits would be cool, probably impossible, but cool

It would also lead to grossly overpowered characters.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#54 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1059 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:28 PM

If people are really desperate, we can put together a list of what we know about the .exe already.
e.g. where the XP is, where the CD check is, where the strref's are.
Then there'd be less of the .exe left to explore.

Visit the IESDP

#55 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:55 PM

How does one decompile the .exe?

#56 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

That should be possible via scripting. Upon dualing to the new class, a dialogue would pop up allowing you to select a kit. Of course, any new kits added by other mods wouldn't be listed.

#57 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

If people are really desperate, we can put together a list of what we know about the .exe already.
e.g. where the XP is, where the CD check is, where the strref's are.
Then there'd be less of the .exe left to explore.

I think that's an excellent idea.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#58 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

Making a no-CD crack for BG2 would probably be very hard, and definitely very, very boring to attempt. It also may be impossible (hahaha).

ya need a no-cd crack? i have one. i dont like switching cds.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#59 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

I have one that uses the Autplay menu. Is there one I could use that just enters the game? That would be more useful.

BTW I have TWO legal copies of the game.

#60 Vlasák

Vlasák
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:29 PM

There is no limit of number of possible dual-classing.

Sorry, but there is a limit to the number of times a character can dual-class. As I said, you can only dual-class to one class from each of the four groups, so therefore once a character has a class from each group, that's it. Of course, it's very unlikely a character would have the neccessary stats to even be able to dual-class twice anyway.

And I'm not sure with the fact that dual-classing into same class group is really forbidden (can't get my PHB for the details now).

The rule doesn't seem to be listed in the PHB or the DMHB, but I could swear I've seen it somewhere. Looking through the various Complete Handbooks, none of them list a class from the same group as a dualling possibility.

The limit of possible dual-classing is in relation with the fact whether you aare llowed to dual-class into a class from the same group. If this rule doesn't exist (I've have nto checked it yet), you are limited just by the fact that you can't dual back in the class that you already "have" and by the value of your stats. But as you've said - it is very unlikely to dual more than twice due to the stats :P
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!