• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sucrecandie

sucrecandie
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

Hello everyone !
I have a few questions for you ^^

I have a french version of BG & BGII + both add-ons, I want to install Big World Project on those, but I don't know if there will be compatibility problems or errors.

Also, with Big World Project comes a great number of mods, only a few of them in french ^^
I heard that installing a mod in english on my game will change the langage to english, but is it for ALL the game or only for the parts the mod add ?

And another question , in the PDF of BWP, some mods are written in black and others in grey, what is the difference between them ?

I'm rather new to the modding community, so I will welcome your answers ^^

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

I have a french version of BG & BGII + both add-ons, I want to install Big World Project on those, but I don't know if there will be compatibility problems or errors.

We have none reports of French gamers which use the BWP, but normally it is compatible.

Also, with Big World Project comes a great number of mods, only a few of them in french ^^
I heard that installing a mod in english on my game will change the langage to english, but is it for ALL the game or only for the parts the mod add ?

Only the parts of the mods.

And another question , in the PDF of BWP, some mods are written in black and others in grey, what is the difference between them ?

Look in the english guide on page 3 and 4. Here you get an explanation of the standard and expert mods.

If you want to install with our installer the mods in French you must change the language section by the modlines:

%IFES%bg2fixpack%S%bg2fixpack%L%0%SK% 0 1 3 100 101 102 103 104 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 | %M%

BG2 Fixpack language option is 4, so you must change 0 to 4 to install it in French. Please use the %IFES% lines only.

The main problem is, which number depends for a French translation. There is no list available, so you must look in the tp2 file of the mods. You find this in it:

LANGUAGE ~English~								~english~ ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Polski (by yarpen)~					 ~polski~  ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/polish/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Espanol (by Immortality and Clan DLAN)~ ~spanish~ ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/spanish/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Deutsch (by Leonardo Watson and Leomar)~ ~german~ ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/german/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Francais (by Anomaly)~				  ~french~  ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/french/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Korean (by Web2Air)~					~korean~  ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/korean/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~Italian (by Andrea C.)~				 ~italian~ ~bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra~
															~bg2fixpack/italian/setup.tra~
The first language is count 0, then 1, 2, 3, etc. That's why French is the number 4 for the BG2 Fixpack.
After you have changed the Install.bat you must choose an English installation to get your changes.

We have plans to translate our BWP in more languages in the future, but we have not really started with this yet.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 December 2008 - 01:05 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 sucrecandie

sucrecandie
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

Thanks, i have tried it with a "light" installation (I installed about 3/4 of the mods basic installation, in fact only the REALLY necessary ones - no NPC or stores) because my config & hardware seems to be outdated ^^

So far it works great, no compatibility problems or errors apart from the fact that every few seconds the game seems to "lag" even whith all options down but as I said it must be the computer (and not the Megamod itself)

I'm at Durlag Tower (last thing to do in BG before BG2) and nothing bad to report.

Really great work here !

#4 Autar

Autar
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

I suppose "all options down" includes turning off the ambient music? (If not try it it may help)

Maybe its a problem of to much loot in your inventory. To test this: Are the lags still present if you drop all your items and equipment in a container?
My English is very poor. Italian is my mother language and I also know German very good. Be patien with me & sry for my bad English ;)

#5 sucrecandie

sucrecandie
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

All options down is what it is ^^, I disabled ambient music and everything that could potentially slow the game (animations, spell effects, ...)

And it was slow since the beginning of the game in Candlekeep (so with pretty much nothing in inventory) when I was alone

So it really must be a hardware problem (I play on a laptop who as about 5 years, this could explain things)

What bother me is that with a simple install of BG2+ToB, I have no slow problem at all...

For now, I don't really want to reinstall everything so I will continue to play this way ^^

On a sidenote, I have installed the "Wildmage additions" mod and I had the surprise to see my familiar kill Rhialto the Marvelous all by himself ^^ (Rhialto isn't immune to sleep so as soon as my fairydragon? familiar hit him it was over ^^)
==> Whooping 14xxx XP, my wild mage goes to level 3 without even quitting Candlekeep ^^

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

==> Whooping 14xxx XP, my wild mage goes to level 3 without even quitting Candlekeep ^^

That's one of the reasons why "Wildmage Additions" is in expert-version. ;)

The mod is for BG2 designed and with BGT you got this unbalanced problems. We hope, that the modauthor make this great mod BGT compatible.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 15 December 2008 - 05:05 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:24 AM

The mod is for BG2 designed and with BGT you got this unbalanced problems. We hope, that the modauthor make this great mod BGT compatible.

It actually has BGT feature... it's just "invisiable"(as the Rhialto fights differently against L1 PC than Level 7 or so).
But I don't doubt that he Xp reward could be a bit less... but with the BWP balancer, it's OK I guess.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

That is a nice idea, Jarno. We think about it to balance it with the BP-Balancer. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier