This is the kill the rats

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

I go to the abandoned barracks, and kill every flipping rat down there, click the question mark that says they're coming there through the cave.

I go back to the fellow and I keep saying.. I haven't done the rats yet. Is there someplace else I am supposed to go?

If not, you'll need to tell me what to enter in NI so the quest completes, cause I think this bottlenecks a lot of stuff right

#2 -LRP-

-LRP-

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

I go to the abandoned barracks, and kill every flipping rat down there, click the question mark that says they're coming there through the cave.

I go back to the fellow and I keep saying.. I haven't done the rats yet. Is there someplace else I am supposed to go?

If not, you'll need to tell me what to enter in NI so the quest completes, cause I think this bottlenecks a lot of stuff right

I saw another thread where something similar happened and saw your question, and yes all the strings fired, or notices when I found the trap door etc, just tell me what I need to set in NI so I get on with it. BTW never able to do martin and do the letter up to him either for whatever reason, druid didn't give it to me, but I just want to progress the story and get out :) ty

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

Did you click on a dead body by the bed? I remember another info trigger in there you may have missed. Also talk to Zahrdral (sp?) the gossip guy in the tiny house at the bottom of the Restenford map. He will say something about it when you killed the rats. You will get more acquainted with him later so keep that in mind throughout the Bonehill quests.

After that you can tell Pelltar about the rats, I think.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hoppy to answer your question, I have now played through this mod with two different characters, a male paladin and female fighter. With the female it all went off as it should, and she kills the guy.

With the male paladin, he gets the journal entry that he suspects that the fellow is probably a spy, yet with the inn keeper I never get the dialouge option to ask if the fellow ever comes by, so the rest of it can go on.

Since the quest was not necessary to getting out of Bonehill, I just went ahead and left it and left the guy alive.

I just think glitches happen. I got a third character I do intend to play through the game, and we'll see if she gets the quest heeh. I have no idea why one character could complete it, and the other could not. Certainly the one that could NOT, got the same journal entries and all of it, just couldn't get the conversation with the inn keeper.

TY for trying to help, you just about walk on water after helping me with the Master of Challenges.

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

I got a third character I do intend to play through the game, and we'll see if she gets the quest heeh.

Please, let us know, what happens. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#6 -LadyRolePlay-

-LadyRolePlay-

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

I got a third character I do intend to play through the game, and we'll see if she gets the quest heeh.

Please, let us know, what happens. :)

Greetings Leomar

Well I played two people through this mod. The paladin, never ever got this quest completed, I ran into that bug over and over and over. I finally just gave up on the quest period. It's not needed to get out of town, a minor subquest. He got that journal entry of being suspicious OF they spy, but nothing would trigger off from there on. And I DID try a LOT of different things, ie not only talking to the tavern keeper, but just about every npc I could find in town. As for the spy, it was as reported, that I could either tell him gossip. First time he'd acknowledge that I had killed the rats, subsequent talks though all I had was an option to say I had not done it yet.

My female CG fighter, OTOH had it all proceed and play out as it was supposed to. So it's not I don't know the quest or what to do. She also had the same conversations with the guy, but for what ever reasons was able to continue on talking to the tavern keeper, ie or whoever it is, and stay on track to complete the quest.

Both did the quest in the order it was supposed to happen. I have no idea why one suceeded and one did not. I have a third one ready to go to BH, but I am working on finishing out one of my characters in the main game. Howerver I'll take her on to BH and do some of it, enough of it, to see if she can complete that much or whether she runs into being unable to complete it.

I have no idea why, only thing that has occured to me is perhaps, some of the rats were chopped into chunks, like you said on the zombies issue?

#7 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for your report. :)

I have no idea why, only thing that has occured to me is perhaps, some of the rats were chopped into chunks, like you said on the zombies issue?

Yeah. That is the problem. The same issue like you have had with the zombies. :doh:
O.K. we must find a solution to fix this bug. Thanks.

Here is the link where we talked about that vanilla BG1 bug.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

A solution to the bugs are found. Ascension64 tells us, that some of the quests with killing enemies was fixed in BGT.

Here is the topic from the BGT forum.

I think SoBH must be fixed for this rat quest like BGT does with the other quests.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

I'm not sure who fixes SoBH these days, but here is how BG1Fixpack fixes the kill count problem:

In the CRE:
1. remove the Die() script block
2. add a unique death variable

In the area BCS of the ARE containing the CRE
1. Add (below example is if there are 4 of the CRE to kill):
IF
NumDeadGT("<CRE DV>",3)
Global("<someVar>","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("<someVar>","GLOBAL",4)
END

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)