Photo

Your Help is Appreciated

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

The World Transition Project is trying to gather assets, for making modding easier for the community, this request is for area help

What we are trying to do is gather as many tile sets as we can get a hold of, why? ---A large amount of tilesets would enable someone to make an area without having to be a master of graphic arts. donated tiles will be put up for download for the community.

What kind tile set?
They can be anything that you have cut out of a game, cut out of a game and modified, or created yourself. Full maps will also be accepted.

---- If you have remade part of a house or something that is now a full that is great (BG is known to cut parts of their maps off

What kind of tiles are you looking for?
Houses (full), walls (long), workable tile floor (floortiles are not generaly right angles), statues, gizmos, and do-dads, basically anything and everything, are wanted.

The things that are downloaded will (in hopes) be modified in some way to be a bit different than what is already there.

homepage

Community Assets

The details for a full map upload can be hammered out in PM?s, either here or at BlackWyrmLair

The only rules (suggestions) to the sharing; that if it is a full map that it can be placed into the game (a multiple of 64), and an ?object tile? is placed on a solid color background (hopefully a contrasting color) with Anti-Alias off. And credit to the game where it came from.
Example: ?This is what I have? I got it from ??

And one last thing this is not a place for discussion of the merits of sharing or of the mod itself, just if you would like to help out and/or you have a question.

Donations can be placed here

Thank you.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 20 April 2005 - 05:24 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#2 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:57 AM

Ok I have updated the the the post above, to try to convey what it is that I am asking for.

would anyone be intrested in donating, the donations do not have to be today just if you would be intrested in doing so, when you have them.

I would like to see at least 1/2 Gb or greater in RAR of stuff that is not already available to the community

Edited by Sir-Kill, 20 April 2005 - 06:01 AM.

Live Free Or Die

#3 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

ok, I cut these out; the first two can be cutout (and were with MS paint) and RAR'ed. they are hard to see but it is a fence and a catapult.
so someone that doesn't have a decent paint program can still help out. and they are small enough to upload on a dial up connection. besides 'the gimp' is free.

the houses are a bit more changeling, but in this pic there is a couple of things that had to be reconstructed...

the jesive estate had a large shadow on the deck and the left corner was cut off

and Anomans familys house had a coloumn that needed repair

and the top of the main gov. building had the top of the dome cut off and a bunch of trees in front

All have been repaired... now if these were up for D/L would that not be much easier to make a area with??? of cource, someone can recolor them and you have a brand new building, or just place them somewhere else. the main Gov took me 2-3 hrs the catapult took 10 min.

Posted Image

Edited by Sir-Kill, 21 April 2005 - 09:06 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#4 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

I cut out and rebuilt many tiles from AR1000 the gov. distric in bg2 they are up for download to any who want them the tiles are located here:
http://www.blackwyrm...iles/index.html
Live Free Or Die

#5 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

Domi remined me that not everyone knows how to make a tileset so I wrote a tutorial on how to make them. it is located here.
http://forums.blackw...p?showtopic=823
Live Free Or Die

#6 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

500+ downloads of the tiles that are there.

5 people have donated to it including myself!

who is downloading all these tiles??

imagine if this was a community what we could acomplish?
Live Free Or Die

#7 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

Have you considered putting up a "how to make tiles" tutorial? I'm sure there's people out there who are willing, but they simply don't know how :).

#8 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

3 posts up ;)

Edited by Sir-Kill, 30 September 2005 - 04:18 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 8295 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

The link seems to be broken. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#10 --Sir-Kill--

--Sir-Kill--

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

um BW is and has been down it will be coming back someday damn server problems.
but anyways bw-wtp's ftp holds CA which holds the tilesets.

#11 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 8295 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Sir Kill. The only problem is I have had trouble connecting to the Wizards FTP. I will try again right now.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#12 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 8295 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

I am looking for the Hommlet map. I am still having trouble connecting to his FTP site, I think SirBillyBob has had the same trouble in the past. I would be really greatful if anyone could email me the map.

#13 --Sir-Kill--

--Sir-Kill--

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Community Assets (CA) is back online